The wrong postures that we have while we sleep, the continuous work that we have in front of the computer for hours, some housework or standing for a long time, cause uncomfortable muscle tension and, often, painful.
How to relax tesos muscles with relaxation
Learn this simple and very effective stretching technique, which you can apply at any time to quickly relax your muscles.
Before starting to relax the muscles, it is convenient that you do a small breathing exercise, through which you will be able to leave your body in optimal condition for the relationship.
- You should inhale very gently and slowly through your nostrils.
- While inhaling, you should visualize your belly as if it were a balloon that begins to inflate.
- Once you reach the maximum of your inhalation, pause slightly, and resume exhaling slowly through your nose, as slowly as you can.
Repeat these breaths for as long as you can, it is very beneficial to repair our body and improve our mood, at the same time it helps us to relax and prepare for the relaxation exercise for tense muscles. We invite you to read the benefits of nasal breathing .
Technique to relax tense muscles
1. Sit or lie down in the position that is most comfortable for you, preferably in a calm and quiet place . Wear comfortable clothes when you go to practice relaxation, this will help you better focus your attention on your well-being.
2. Observe your body and analyze the points that are tense . With your mind, go through each one of them to discover all the regions in which the muscles are more tense than normal.
3. Visualize those regions of your body, without trying to relax them. Just look closely until you fully recognize the most tense points.
4. Concentrate on one of them, without trying to relax it. Actually, what you should do is contract for 10 seconds and relax quickly, as if you were suddenly releasing that tension. Try to maintain this relaxation by slowly counting to 15.
5. Repeat the contraction three times at each point, without causing pain, and then suddenly relax. Wait about 30 seconds to 1 minute and repeat each set of contraction and relaxation.
6. Continue repeating this procedure with each region identified as tense, until the muscles of the entire body are relaxed.
7. When you’re done, fully relax for 2 minutes, paying attention to regions that you previously hadn’t given as much attention to.
With this technique, you will gently tire the muscles and they will relax with the effort made. Over time, you will learn to perform this technique, but you should start small and without pushing too much.