The main flavors in this vegetable lasagna recipe come from the vegetables themselves , which are many and very rich. This recipe has a variety of textures, flavors, and colors. Soft peppers, crunchy peas, fresh asparagus, sweet corn kernels, mushrooms. They add to a delicious lasagna.
How to make vegetable lasagna
Lots of people avoid making lasagna because it gets a bit of a bad rap for being a big hassle to make. And it is true, it is not the fastest food in the world, but considering that you have it in the oven for half an hour, it really is not as much of a big problem as people often like to think. Actually, the recipe is long but it only takes half an hour to prepare. Cook your vegetables; prepare your sauce; make the layers. Is not difficult. And the result is incredibly worth it.
Vegetable-free lasagna recipe
For the vegetable mixture:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 100g asparagus, cut into ½ cm slices
- 50 gr. sugared peas, sliced ½ cm
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 100g mushrooms, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 125g sweet yellow corn kernels
For the sauce:
- 2 butter spoons
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 300ml of coconut or almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
To build the lasagna:
- 150g unboiled lasagna sheets
- 100g Mozzarella, grated
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- It begins by preparing the vegetables . Heat the oil in a skillet and add the diced onion, asparagus and sugary peas. Cook over very low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms have cooked through and the mixture is quite dry. Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes and sweet corn. Set aside.
- Next, make the sauce creamy. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Whipping constantly, cook over very low heat for a minute or two, then add the milk a little at a time, beating until smooth each time before adding another little bit. Add the nutmeg and seasonings along with the grated cheddar cheese. Beat one more minute until the cheese has melted into the sauce, then remove from heat.
- Heat the oven to 190 ° C.
- Now you can begin to form the lasagna. Start with a tablespoon of sauce, spreading on the bottom of an 8 x 6-inch baking pan. Add a layer of lasagna sheets, breaking into pieces so that they cover the bottom of the plate in a single layer.
- From here, it doesn’t matter too much how you create your layers, but you can do it like this: ⅓ from the vegetable mixture; ⅓ of the sauce; lasagna layer; another ⅓ of vegetables; other ⅓ of the sauce; another layer of lasagna; remaining vegetables; rest of the sauce. Make sure any corner of the lasagna is covered with at least a little of the sauce so it doesn’t burn.
- Once you have used all the vegetables and sauce, place the grated mozzarella cheese and tomato slices on the plate. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the cheese is crisp and golden and the lasagna is tender.
Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Go for organic ingredients .