Nutrition is the key to health, and health comes from a strengthened immune system . As the seasons change and people begin to consume large amounts of sugar loaded in food, the immune system weakens and requires a lot of work to function effectively.
Boosting your immune system is important if you want to stay healthy. A healthy immune system will lower your chances of getting disease. If you get sick, the illness will not last and you will recover faster. Make sure you always have a batch of this on hand, it will keep your immune system stronger and can cure or mitigate some diseases.
Master tonic benefits
The secret of this wonderful tonic is in the correct combination of these natural and fresh superfoods. Some benefits are:
- Open the sinuses
- It is relief while you have colds and flu
- Acts as an antibiotic and antifungal
- Serves in urinary infections
- Helps fight inflammation
- Excellent for cardiovascular health
- Natural pain reliever
- Regulates blood pressure
- Lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Helps in reducing diets
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Control blood sugar levels
- It is used for sore throats
- Excellent support for bones and joints
- Relieves cramps
- Packed with antioxidants
- Helps relieve nausea
- Detoxifies the body
Equipment: Disposable gloves, food processor (optional), grater, cutting board, good quality knife, large bowl, large glass jars with lids, cheesecloth for straining, or fine mesh strainer.
Master tonic to strengthen the immune system
- 1 part fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 part fresh onion, chopped
- 1 part fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 part fresh horseradish, peeled and grated
- 1 part fresh hot chili peppers, chopped (use a variety of the best chili peppers you can find like habaneros, jalapeños, serranos, etc.)
- ¼ part lemongrass, minced
- Organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. (Pay attention to this since pure vinegar is not sold commercially.)
1. Wash and prepare the garlic, ginger, radish, pepper and lemongrass.
2. If using a food processor, use the grater blade to grate the horseradish and ginger.
Extract the contents and reserve in a large bowl. Take the grater blade out of the food processor and replace now with the “S-shaped” blade. Put the chiles and garlic in the food processor and pulse until minced, add to the large bowl. If you are cutting the chiles by hand, be sure to wear gloves (be sure not to rub your eyes as the oils are very powerful and can burn). Cut the lemongrass into ½ pieces and add to the large bowl. Mix all the contents and evenly combine the mixture.
3. Fill the glass jar to with the garlic, ginger, radish, pepper and lemongrass mixture.
4. Pour the apple cider vinegar into the above ingredients until it is almost to the top of the jar. Leave about ½ -1 inch of space at the top of the jar.
5. Put the lid on the jar and shake. The contents will settle, if more apple cider vinegar is needed, add more.
6. Shake the master tonic in the bottle at least once every day. If you remember correctly, shake every time you go through the jar. Make sure you put a little goodwill into it by shaking it. Reserve for about 14 days (New Moon to Full Moon), preferably out of direct sunlight.
7. Strain the master tonic on the full moon. Use cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer to filter contents. Store in glass bottles, be sure to label and date the jars.
Make sure all the ingredients are organic. If not, at least wash them and disinfect them very well. See here a recipe for how to disinfect fruits and vegetables naturally.
Store the master toner in a dark place, such as in a closet or pantry. It’s okay to store it in a refrigerator too. Tinctures do not spoil or deteriorate if stored properly and kept out of direct sunlight.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons a day as a preventive measure.
- Gargle and swish the tincture in your mouth, then swallow.
- Make sure to split the doses, so your body gets a boost at different times throughout the day.
- Try to take 1 tablespoon in the morning and 1 tablespoon at night.
- During illness, increase the dose. Try to take at least 4 tablespoons a day, making sure to spread the doses throughout the day.
- Tinctures are wonderful, as they absorb into your body immediately.
Suggestions for serving
Add a couple of tablespoons to a broth or soup for an extra kick and add nutrition. Add 1-2 tablespoons of mixture to your favorite dressing to add a little heat and spice. Use in marinades for meats and vegetables. Add to sauce or juices for additional spiciness and spices, and nutrition.
Store the solids in the freezer. Use the solids for spicy marinades. Eat them fresh as a condiment on your sandwiches or with a bit of cheese as an appetizer.