Did you know that you can make the most of the duration of a lit candle simply with these little tricks that we can teach you? You will also be able to know how the fragrance of scented candles can be preserved even longer with a simple tip. Find out below how you can make the candles last longer and how to get the most out of them.
Tips to make the candles last longer
Enjoy the aroma of a burning candle for longer with the excellent tips that we will share with you below.
- You can avoid tearing when chopping the onions with this simple trick, you can place a lit candle next to the cutting board and you will notice a big difference.
- By storing scented candles in the refrigerator, you can keep them fresh. Fragrance-free candles can also last longer if chilled in the refrigerator before lighting.
- You must cut the wick to less than 3 cm, in this way you can avoid the smoke that the candles usually throw and you will also prevent it from burning too quickly. When you turn it off, you must remove the burned tip so that it always remains at the same height.
- Let the candle burn until the melted wax fills the perimeter of the container. Thus, the well effect is corrected, as the wax makes a groove and runs downward.
- To facilitate cleaning the candle containers, put them in the refrigerator for a while, this way it will be easier to remove the remains.
How to recycle candles
You can also choose to recycle the candles, as this can be very beneficial and find out why. You can for example take advantage of the remains of many candles and transform them into a new candle, even make it in another way, using a mold and adding color.
For this recycling process we must have the following materials:
- The remains of candles that we will recycle.
- A pan
- Stove with which to heat it
- The mold or container that we will use to form the design of our candle
- A pabilo
It is also possible that you can make a homemade wick, for this you will need cotton thread or yarn, then you will have to cover it with melted wax and that’s it.
Then you just have to melt the old candles in the saucepan over low heat, and place it in a mold. that’s all.