For crafts there is no limit, you can create all kinds of objects, and what is better, you can recycle and reuse many things that we have at home. This time you will learn how to create a portrait with vintage style using used glass jars. This is just a great and practical idea.
Antique portrait with glass jars, a simple but amazing DIY job. It is easy to do in 3 simple steps you can add a vintage touch while allowing you to share important photos of your life.
Create your own vintage portrait
Materials you will need:
- 1 glass jar with lid.
- Black and white photo cropped to size.
- Vegetable oil.
- Dried flowers (optional).
- Insert the desired image into the jar and pour in enough vegetable oil to cover it completely.
- Add some dried flowers on the opposite side of the image.
- Tighten the lid and voila! The vegetable oil will suspend the image inside the jar without penetrating it, making it look old and slightly transparent. A total vintage look of old yellowed photographs from the past. We leave you the following step by step to better guide you through the process.