To take good care of your hair, the product options are not limited to perfumeries and cosmetic stores. Shikakai is a new, more natural option that is already on the market and promises great results for hair.
It comes from Ayurvedic therapy , of Indian origin, and is the new alternative for hair care . Shikakai, as it is called, is the fruit of the Acacia concinna plant, which is a typical Asian shrub. According to Ayurveda the word means ” fruit for the hair “.
In addition to being used for cleaning, shikakai can have other uses for hair and each woman can perceive the treatments it performs on its structure. Take a look at this product and the good it can do for your beauty.
Shikakai Facts and Benefits
- Shikakai has been used by Indian women for thousands of years . It also appears in the composition of various beauty products .
- The product has the power to stop dandruff .
- It is good for both hair and scalp . Hair infections and lice problems can also be treated with shikakai.
- Shikakai has a low pH, which helps to maintain the natural moisture of the hair and does not remove the essential oil during cleaning , which ensures that the hair remains with more vitality and beauty.
- Shikakai also contains saponins , which have a mild detergent action; anti-fungal properties and they are rich in vitamins C and D. These combined properties are those that reduce hair loss and favor gentle cleansing , cleaning accumulated fat, but without removing the lipid layer that protects the hair .
How to use the shikakai
There is not only one correct way to use shikakai on hair. There are several possible recipes and the effect can vary from person to person (and may be more or less effective).
Shikakai for hair cleaning and treatment
Through this article we suggest the step by step for hair care with shikakai:
- In an empty container with a lid, mix two tablespoons of Shikakai, a tablespoon of henna powder (100% natural) and a cup and a half of filtered water
- Cover and shake well until foamy.
- Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, shaking occasionally until ready to use.
- Dampen your hair and apply the mixture, slowly massaging your scalp.
- After using all the mixture, leave it on the hair for 5 minutes and then rinse as usual.
- Finally, dilute the apple cider vinegar in the water to close the hair cuticles, massage the scalp and ends and rinse again.
Shikakai and its combined effects on other herbs
In Ayurvedic therapy, shikakai can be combined with more herbs to have a more powerful effect on the hair .
One of these herbs is henna. Shikakai mixed with henna promotes cleansing and conditioning at the same time, as well as adding shine. Henna in this context does not change hair color, since the amount is small, and the application time is short.
Adding powdered amla herb into the mix with shikakai can also bring benefits to your hair, making it softer and shinier. Amla is a potent antibacterial, antioxidant and has astringent properties, it is also used for the treatment of dandruff, cleaning, strengthening hair and providing greater shine.