The Quinoa is one of the most protein – rich foods you can eat. It is a complete protein that contains all nine essential amino acids. It contains fiber, almost twice as much as most other grains. The fiber in quinoa is known to relieve constipation among several other benefits. It also helps prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes . Fiber lowers cholesterol and glucose levels, can reduce the risk of developing hemorrhoids and can help you lose weight , since it takes longer to chew than other foods and that makes you feel full for longer and its “density” is less. energy ”, which means that you have fewer calories for the same volume of food.
Pancakes with Quinoa Seed.
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup almond, coconut or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 large organic egg, plus 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the skillet
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey, plus more for serving
- Canned fruits or fresh fruits (optional) to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa, flour, baking soda, and salt. In another medium bowl, beat the egg, egg white, butter, milk, and syrup or honey until smooth. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Lightly coat a skillet with butter and heat over medium-high heat. Drop two heaping tablespoons of the batter into the skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top, approx. 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden brown on the bottom, 2 minutes.
- Clean the pan and repeat with more melted butter and the remaining batter (reduce heat to medium if they brown excessively).
Serve with agave, maple or abjeas syrup, fresh or preserved fruit if desired.