This is a noble way of reusing plastic bags that usually end up in the trash or worse, they end up contaminating. We will teach you an easy way to make woven bags by recycling grocery bags.
How to make a woven bag
Here we invite you to be inspired by this design or the alternatives that you will find below and to be able to contribute in a totally creative way to the environment.
You will need to:
- Plastic bags for recycling.
- Pair of scissors.
- Thick hook (3mm).
- Different accessories such as buttons, ribbons, and others.
Basically, the technique to reuse the bags is the fabric. That is why we will have to transform the bags into balls to later be able to weave.
1 . You have to prepare the bags to cut them into a single strip and make a ball to later be able to knit with the crochet technique.
2. Roll out the bags and cut the base and handles. Then they are folded, as shown in the image to proceed to cut them.
3 . Strips of 1.50 or 2 centimeters should be cut up to the part that you have left unfolded, and leaving a margin of 2 centimeters. The goal is to create a single plastic strip.
4. Once you have cut all the strips, you should take the bag by the uncut part. You will not cut this part straight, but you will be making diagonals as they are marked in the broken lines of the photo.
5 . As you cut in this way, you will be left with the only desired strip.
6. After having obtained a single strip, we will make a ball to work more comfortably. And later we will proceed to the work of the fabric.
Once the ball is created, you can start knitting in the usual way used in the crochet technique, the simplest thing is to start with the “chain” stitch.
Check out the following designs for inspiration:
Are you about to start your own business and become self-sufficient? This is an excuse to start. It’s easy, fast, inexpensive, and you just need to collect bags and have the appropriate fabric hooks for various points. Finish your bag and put a cute label on it, with your name and logo, and voila!
Do you want to have more ideas on how to start your own home business? We invite you to read our article: How to make money when you live a self-sufficient lifestyle.