When it comes to dyeing hair, you should be clear about some important points to avoid problems: what color are we going to want our hair in, what materials are suitable for a less invasive dyeing, how it can be done easily and with excellent results. All these questions regarding hair coloring will be dealt with below.
Dyeing hair is undoubtedly one of the preferred beauty practices of many women, even more so when today there are thousands of shades that can be applied , even depending on the tastes of each person, several colors could be combined, now, the problem is on how to avoid causing serious damage to your hair by doing it constantly
The hair dyes are composed of chemicals that gradually will make the hair begins to deteriorate, making it look dull and often unhealthy, however if the necessary measures are taken the results could become much less harmful.
5 Tips to dye your hair correctly
In this sense, below we will mention some tips that will surely be of great help when it comes to dyeing the hair properly :
- If it is the first time you are painting your hair, it is best to look for a neutral pH dye , that is, one that does not contain active ingredients such as ammonia, since otherwise the hair fiber could oxidize. In such a way, natural commercial brand dyes are an excellent alternative, their presentation is shampoo-style providing very good effects, but it must be borne in mind that they tend to disappear much faster than the others.
- If for some reason you are constantly exposed to the sun, it is best that before applying the dye, apply a product with UV filters and antioxidants to your hair , this will allow you to prevent the color from wearing out more quickly.
- When making the decision to apply a product that straightens the hair, it is best to dye the hair after performing this procedure, because these types of products tend to lighten it by at least two tones.
- If the color that you will apply is lighter than the middle part and the ends, then you should apply it first on the roots for about 20 minutes, after this time place it on the middle and ends for about 20 more minutes, in this way you will be able to equalize the dye.
- To achieve the best results, the ideal is to go to a specialist, and he will know which is the most appropriate style that can be adapted to you, in the same way he can apply the paint correctly, since although the custom of many women is to dye the hair themselves , this could be one of the reasons why sometimes the color is not uniform.
Mistakes when coloring your hair and how to avoid them
These are some of the most common mistakes that are often made when wanting to dye your hair at home, try to avoid them and start enjoying your dyed hair faster.
Make extreme color changes
Warm hair tones can be adapted to a wider variety of tones, on the other hand if your hair is of a cold tone, it is best to go up gradually, and not make extreme changes , since your natural hair tone will be determine which is the best color for you, and not the other way around.
Do not test
Not testing how the hair color would go with your skin before coloring it is a very common mistake, and you can avoid it simply by wearing a wig, or in the beauty salon, try with the different tones to find the right one, and be sure before coloring it .
Not having enough tincture
Depending on the length and thickness of your hair, you should always buy a few extra boxes of dye. Better to have too much hair dye, than to realize that you need more midway through.
Dip your hair in the pool
Although it seems very obvious, many women are not aware that their hair, when in contact with chlorine, can lose its pigmentation. So if it’s summer, and you’ve dyed, don’t ever go into the water for at least 2 weeks before and after dyeing.