According to the nutritional pyramid, we must eat certain foods in Mediterranean recipes to lose weight and it informs us of the proportion of each of the foods to consume. You can check all our recipes for home cooking and easy preparation.
Therefore, it is recommended to consume the following proportions of food to maintain good health and lose weight:
- Oils, fats and carbohydrates: consume in moderation.
- Seasonal fruits: between 2 and 3 servings a day.
- Meat, fish, eggs, nuts and legumes: 2 to 3 servings a day.
- Cereals (wheat, rice) and pasta (noodles, spaghetti, macaroni): between 6 and 11 servings a day.
- Milk and dairy products: between 2 and 3 servings a day.
- Vegetables and vegetables: between 3 and 5 servings a day.
1. Chicken stuffed with asparagus, spinach and whipped cheese
Chicken stuffed with vegetables and whipped cheese is a healthy and delicious way to escape the typical grilled steak. To cook it, you just have to grill the chicken and roll it over the vegetables and cheese. Five minutes in the oven and you will have a tasty and healthy meal.
2. Seafood and fish skewers
Fish and seafood skewers make an important contribution of omega 3 and protein.
Mediterranean cuisine proposes a series of protein-based dinners (without vegetables or other foods with carbohydrates) to lose weight during the first weeks of the diet. Some fish and seafood skewers, dressed with spices, lemon or garlic and parsley can be a good option to escape boredom.
3. Mediterranean salad
For the salad, they just have to mix in a container all the ingredients that would be the cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, red onion, olives, feta cheese and season it with olive oil, red wine vinegar, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
Makes: 2 to 4 servings
- 2 cups of cucumber, peeled without seeds and cut into squares.
- ½ green bell pepper in squares.
- 2 small red tomatoes in squares.
- ¼ red onion in thin slices or half moons.
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- ¼ cup sliced black olives.
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano.
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
You can eat right away or marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes before eating so the flavors have time to mix well.
Serve as you can see in the photo, with cheeses, cookies and Serrano ham or with your favorite accompaniment.
You can use fresh or dried herbs, it all depends on what you have on hand. If you use fresh herbs, double the amount that the recipe says. If you do not have an herb, do not worry, you can omit it or add other herbs that you have in your house.
It is also possible to substitute apple cider vinegar for red wine, but its flavor will change a bit. You can also use the vinegar that the recipe says.