For this gluten-free pizza crust , all you need is quinoa and water, which are the essential ingredients that will blend in with rich spice flavors. The result will be a healthy quinoa pizza crust , not only pleasant to your palate but also to your stomach.
If you already know quinoa, you will already know that it is an exceptional seed with great health benefits because it is rich in nutrients, such as protein. (Do you want to know why quinoa is great for reducing diets and for diabetics? Read: Using quinoa for diabetics and reducing diets ).
In addition, quinoa does not go through bleaching processes and does not contain gluten like wheat flour, so it is an ingredient that, in addition to being healthy, is versatile to make a dough. Just remember to leave enough time to soak it, perhaps for at least 6 hours, or overnight that, compared to the time of its preparation (30 minutes), it is worth waiting for the craving.
In this pizza crust, apple cider vinegar is used which adds an extra flavor to the dough and a prebiotic touch. With this touch, your quinoa pizza crust will be very smooth in flavor and will have an incredible smell, since the vinegar is mixed with spices, leaving a unique and original product.
Preparation of the spiced vinegar:
To 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar you will add:
- a pinch of lemon powder
- a pinch of onion powder
- a pinch of ground ginger
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- a pinch of turmeric
Along with tons of health benefits, all these flavors and smells will make you switch from processed pizza to healthy pizza for its original flavor.
How to make a quinoa crust for a healthy pizza
Preheat oven to 220 ° C
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (soak for at least 6 hours or overnight)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons apple cider prepared as above
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional for added flavor)
- 2 garlic cloves roasted
- Rinse the quinoa very well with a strainer after it has soaked overnight.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor, mix for a couple of minutes until it is really smooth and creamy.
- Place waxed paper on a 10-12 inch pizza pan, spread a little coconut oil so it doesn’t stick, and spread the dough on the plate.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then flip and cook another 10 to 12 minutes until crisp and brown.
- Place your favorite toppings on top and pop back into the oven for another 3-5 minutes or until desired.