Delicious carrot cake recipe that has everything you need to be enjoyed in the morning or afternoon, with tea, coffee or mate. It is a cake made with the maximum of healthy ingredients that, although it offers us a good amount of calories, this delight was made to be enjoyed without guilt if your health allows it.
It does not matter if you are changing your diet towards a healthier path, just remember that excesses are bad, a diet divided into an 80-20 (healthy-processed) is ideal, but if you are removing sugar, gluten and dairy products, perhaps you should opt for our vegan carrot cake recipe , so you can be more attached to your health but with the luck of enjoying the culinary riches that the versatile carrot offers us as desserts.
New and improved carrot cake
Ingredients for the cake:
- 5 egg whites (organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 125g organic sugar – muscabado
Second block of ingredients:
- 5 egg yolks (organic)
- 225g organic sugar – muscabado
Third block of ingredients:
- 200g coconut oil
- 100g walnuts, finely chopped
- 70 g desiccated coconut
- 250g carrot, finely grated
Fourth block of ingredients:
- 100 g whole wheat flour
- 100 g of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1-1 / 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Grease two 20 cm round molds.
- Combine the first block of ingredients: egg whites, salt and sugar in a bowl and beat until nougat (snow). Reserve.
- In another bowl, mix the other ingredient block: the egg yolks and sugar. Beat for about 5 minutes until the yolks are creamy and almost white in color.
- Add the oil to the egg yolks and beat until it has a consistency similar to mayonnaise. Once this has been achieved, add the walnuts, coconut and carrot and beat until everything is well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients (the last ingredient block) to the yolks, as well as half of the egg white mixture. Stir until it is incorporated. Then add the last half of the egg white mixture and mix.
- Divide the mixture into equal parts for the two molds and bake for 50min. 1h and 10 minutes. The cake / cake is ready when a toothpick can be inserted in the center and it comes out clean. Ingredients, topping:
- 200 g of coconut cream
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Unsweetened coconut milk (or your favorite milk) to soften the mixture a bit
- sweeten to your liking with liquid stevia or honey
Mix everything very well until it is smooth and can slide on your bread once it has cooled.
Spread on the first bread, then on the second once placed on the first. Decorate with more walnut and desiccated coconut on top of the finished cake.