You should already know all the benefits that sodium bicarbonate can bring to our health, and the multiple uses it can have, in this case you can know how to easily make a natural shampoo with bicarbonate, to treat hair loss, bait problems in oily scalp and hair.
How to make a natural shampoo with bicarbonate
- An empty bottle – you can reuse a shampoo bottle.
- Sodium bicarbonate
- A measuring cup
- One tablespoon of baking soda to 1 cup of water or make a paste with baking soda and a small amount of water and store in a pot. Just rinse well if you make the paste. The usage for this recipe is flexible – there really is no right or wrong way to do it.
- Add more baking soda if your hair is thick and long, and less if it’s short and fine.
- So for a 32-ounce container, use 5 tablespoons of baking soda and 4 cups of cold water.
- You can apply hot water beforehand (so you can use the shampoo right away and it’s not cold), but just be careful because warm to hot water causes the baking soda to break down and clump together making it ineffective.
How to apply this natural shampoo
Apply to wet hair and with your fingers rub the scalp in a circular motion, adding more shampoo if it feels like you need it, and rinse well. You will be surprised how well it cleanses your hair leaving it free of odor and bacteria.
- It is very important to rinse thoroughly or your hair will feel grainy and dry.
- Make the recipe with cold or warm water, but not hot. Warm / hot water reacts with the baking soda and causes them to clump together.
- You can use it daily, however, do not use it for a long time since the baking soda, more than to leave it soft and silky, serves to disinfect the scalp and hair. You can continue using your regular shampoo from time to time and alternate with the use of bicarbonate shampoo when necessary.
To complement this information, you can consult how to make an herbal conditioner with vinegar and learn about this alternative to make your own natural shampoo for hair loss at home .a