Diabetes annually destroys many lives and is not only a threat of death for many people, it brings with it many difficulties when it is suffered, but although this disease is recurrent, there are ways to control diabetes and keep blood sugar in the normal range forever with due care, such as with the resources that natural remedies offer, such as celery root.
Diabetes, general information
Today many people are suffering from diabetes like never before, thanks to our changing lifestyles, stress and lack of exercise. Since it is a chronic disease, patients are usually on antidiabetic medication for life. And if your sugar levels are not controlled, they can be prescribed insulin.
Although it is difficult to completely stop taking the medication, especially if the disease is chronic in nature, it may be wise to try some natural remedies and exercise to help control glucose levels naturally as well . But remember to consult your doctor before starting any remedy, especially since the combination of allopathic and natural remedies can trigger a sudden and drastic drop in blood glucose levels.
The following remedy involves several ingredients that are known to be good for support in the fight against diabetes. One of them is celery root.
Why is celery root good for controlling diabetes?
- Celery root helps lower blood sugar levels, suggesting it is good for type 2 diabetes in general.
- Celery is one of more than 200 plants that can have hypoglycemic effects and is an ingredient used in some Chinese medicinal herbs formulated to treat or prevent diabetes.
- Compared to other root vegetables such as potatoes and carrots, celery root is very low in calories as it is only 5-6% starch by weight. Therefore, it can be used in place of other starchy root vegetables to reduce calorie intake, or as a carbohydrate option for people with diabetes.
- Many medications are used to control the level of sugar in the blood, which can cause various side effects. In addition, celery root helps reduce the risk of diabetes complications caused by medications.
Other benefits of celery root for health
- A half-cup serving of cooked celery root contains less than 20 calories, yet provides about 500 mg of potassium; it also contains 1 mg of iron and 5 mg of vitamin C.
- Celery root is a good source of fiber, as it is essentially made up of cellulose and hemicellulose. These fibers not only ensure regular bowel movements, but also help regulate the absorption of nutrients.
- It is particularly useful in dampening the feeling of hunger.
- It is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and high in vitamin C, vitamin K, phosphorus, potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, magnesium, and manganese.
- For its nutritional value and health benefits, celery root means that it is also good for maintaining good health and losing weight.
For these benefits and others, celery root becomes an excellent natural remedy for our health, especially diabetes, which to treat it we offer you the following natural remedy that will give you excellent results if you follow it with your proper diabetic diet.
Natural remedy with celery root to control diabetes
- 300 grams of celery root
- 6 lemons
- Grate the clean celery root and put it in a pot that should not be damaged. Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice to the pot as well. Close the pot and place in another large pot with water, this is in a double boiler. Cook until the water in the lower pot comes to a boil.
- When it boils, reduce the heat and cook over very low heat for 2 hours. After cooking remove the pots from the heat and do not open them until they are completely cool, then pour the medicine into a jar. Close the jar and place in the refrigerator.
How to use:
- Take one tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach 30 minutes before breakfast.
- This amount is enough for two months, after which you have to start normalizing your blood sugar.
- Do not forget to continue with your diet for diabetics, it is very important in addition to this remedy to be consuming only adequate foods to keep diabetes level.