Mugwort has really effective medicinal properties and that is why it is still used today.
It is a plant that reaches two meters in height, has a reddish or purple hairy stem, dark leaves and flowers in lilac tones, all its parts are used in traditional medicine. It contains vitamins A, B and C which make it a very complete plant in terms of its nutritional value.
What are the properties of mugwort?
Mugwort is known to be:
Medicinal uses of mugwort
Mugwort can be used as a natural medicine, like many other plants that we have already mentioned in Sleeeeeep. It is always necessary to understand that this is an informative article, and consultation with a specialist is advisable before trying any natural solution. Below you can know the different health problems in which the use of mugwort can help .
- Treatments for people with diabetes: Mugwort is used in treatments to combat high blood sugar levels . After 3 months it is able to lower blood glucose.
- Relieves muscle aches: These discomforts can be relieved by massaging the affected area with essential oil of this herb.
- Completely eliminates fungi: Mugwort is capable of fighting any type of fungus. An infusion should be made by adding 1 handful of this herb in a liter of boiling water, after 5 minutes it should be allowed to warm and apply in the area where the fungi are.
- Solve stomach problems : Mugwort infusions are ideal for solving digestive problems and is ideal for those times when a meal is heavy.
- It is ideal to detoxify: In case a detoxification is needed, mugwort is the solution, it is capable of detoxifying the liver , kidneys and blood.
- Heals and disinfects wounds and sores: This herb has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, which is why it is ideal for treating wounds caused in any part of the body.
- It is capable of fighting infection: Its properties act as a natural antibiotic to support a treatment against infections present in the body.
- Eliminate nightmares: It is highly recommended to use this medicinal herb when children or adults have nightmares frequently. An infusion of mugwort is able to relax the person, eliminate fear and make them fall asleep again quickly.
- Eliminate stress and fatigue: It will be enough to drink a cup of this herb infusion with a little honey to combat the fatigue and stress that the daily routine produces.
- Reduces hemorrhoids: Sitz baths with mugwort are ideal for relieving hemorrhoid symptoms.
More benefits of mugwort:
- Fight depression.
- Relieves dizziness and vertigo.
- It reduces the symptoms that cause the flu.
- Calms the pain caused by rheumatic diseases.
- Relieves menstrual cramps.
- Eliminate parasites .
- Lower delayed menstruation.
- Fight bad breath, as it has antiseptic properties.
- Eliminates abscesses and mouth sores .
Ways to use mugwort
It can be used in two different ways, depending on the occasion, one of them is mugwort powder which is used as a sedative or muscle relaxant, this is obtained by crushing the dry leaves in a mortar, once ready the powder should be consumed, the Dosage will depend on the reason for which it is used.
Another way to use it is to make an infusion, this is done at the time it is going to be consumed and it is drunk when the preparation is warm.
How to prepare a mugwort infusion :
– A handful of mugwort leaves, including the flowers, these should be added in 1 liter of water that should be boiling. It is advisable to sweeten it with pure honey to take advantage of the benefits of honey change.
Mugwort is not recommended for pregnant women, as it can cause harm to the fetus, not even those who breastfeed their children.
High doses can be very dangerous and can cause seizures and nervous disorders, especially in children. For this reason, a professional should be consulted so that he or she can indicate the correct use and dose.