The lemon oil is a very versatile product and can be used in different ways and for different treatments. One of its most common uses is based on its smell, as it helps improve mood and vitality, among other things.
Lemon essential oil benefits
The health benefits of lemon essential oil can be attributed to its stimulating, calming, carminative, anti-infection, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, sleep-inducing, and antifungal properties. Lemon oil benefits include its ability to treat stress disorders, fever, infections, asthma, obesity, insomnia, skin disorders, hair conditions, stomach problems, and tiredness.
Lemon is a superfood. It is one of the most popular citrus fruits in the world, and it is widely used for culinary purposes, as it is a good source of vitamins and aids in digestion. It also adds a pleasant taste and aroma to food. On the other hand, lemon juice is one of the most popular drinks in the world, as it is very healthy, delicious and cheap.
Ways of using lemon essential oil
- With an essential oil diffuser , vaporizing the place, whenever it is needed, you can regain concentration and memory or simply create a cheerful and solar atmosphere. Among other things, it will also help to disinfect the environment.
- If you have had a difficult digestion, take a ginger tea with a drop of lemon essential oil (recommended 100% pure and organic); You can also put a drop on vegetables or salads, which helps facilitate digestion.
- Anti-cellulite or heavy leg massage: combined with a carrier oil or a vegetable oil such as sweet almonds, lemon essential oil, given its draining power, can be used to make aromatic and anti-cellulite massages. Other essential oils suitable for this purpose are grapefruit, rosemary or cypress.
- Lemon essential oil is also useful in the case of herpes , preferably associated with tea tree oil, an antiseptic par excellence. Use a cotton swab with two drops of tea tree essential oil and two drops of lemon essential oil on it. Gently rub the area affected by herpes 2 or 3 times a day until its complete remission.
- Hydrotherapy in a bathtub or local immersion: improve circulation, reduce tension and fatigue
- Vaporizers: purify the environment and avoid contagion
- Diffusers: mental clarity, room perfume and room purifier
- Dilution application: combining a few drops of the oil with a neutral cream or a similar aromatherapy product in case of respiratory diseases.
- Mouthwash or gargle: 1 drop of the oil in 1 glass of water
- Compresses: using water where a few drops of the oil have been diluted and place them on the area of the body to be treated
- Direct inhalation: avoid contagion, stabilize emotions and clarify ideas
- Cleaning and disinfection: add 1 drop of the oil to wash the dishes and in the last rinse of your clothes
- Prepare a delicious, natural and healthy drink by adding 1 drop of lemon essential oil only if it is therapeutic grade per liter of water and dissolves well, take once a day
How to make a lemon essential oil
- We peel a lemon, but we will only be left with the yellow part of the skin. We put it in hot water for about 1 minute to remove the bitterness.
- Then we include olive oil and put it in a self-closing bag. We add the lemon peel and close the bag. Another option is to include the olive oil and lemon peels in a container that can withstand high temperatures.
- We put it in the bain-marie to infuse it for 3 hours.
- Then we let it rest until the next day.
Within 24 hours we can store it in a bottle and use it when we need it.