Besides those mentioned above, other health benefits of sweet potato can be:
Sweet potato benefits
- Helps control diabetes , due to its low glycemic index
- Contributes to weight loss because it decreases appetite because it is rich in fiber
- Strengthen the immune system, as it has a good amount of vitamin A
- Lowers total cholesterol
- Helps digestion due to its fiber content
- Regulates blood pressure
- Reduces cramps
- It is good for improving the appearance of the skin
- Provides energy for training with bodybuilding exercises
- The vitamin A present in sweet potatoes acts as an antioxidant and plays a very important role in the maintenance of bone and epithelial tissue.
How to get the benefits of sweet potatoes
The best way to get all the benefits of fresh sweet potatoes in your diet is by steaming them with the rind. You have to be careful with the preparation, the frying method should be avoided since it will increase the fat in it and could damage the health in addition to taking away its beneficial properties for the body.
Sweet Potato Benefits for Gaining Muscle Mass
The benefits of sweet potatoes to improve physical performance and gain muscle mass are due to the fact that they provide energy for muscle formation , they help burn fat and gain muscle mass because they release glucose into the blood more slowly.
Sweet potatoes can be eaten with main meals such as lunch and dinner on training days, along with protein- rich foods such as lentils and almonds, fish, and cod. Also, it is important to always include a varied vegetable salad in your meal.
Sweet potato recipe:
A good recipe to take advantage of all the benefits of sweet potatoes is that of sweet potatoes with chicken since the combination of these two foods is nutritionally balanced and you only have to add a vegetable salad for a complete and balanced meal.
Chicken Sweet Potato Recipe:
- 1 chicken fillet (organic)
- 2 potatoes
- White wine
Season the chicken with the wine, bay leaf, lemon and oregano. Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven wrapped in foil for 30 minutes. Grill the chicken fillet. Follow up with a salad of red cabbage, peppers, tomatoes and arugula, season with olive oil and vinegar, and you can enjoy this dish and take advantage of all the benefits that sweet potatoes have.