People have used cinnamon since 2000 BC. C. in Ancient Egypt, where they considered it an important source of their food. In medieval times, it was used by doctors to treat conditions such as coughs, joint problems, and a sore throat.
The best of a keto cinnamon breakfast
What’s better than low carb pancakes with cinnamon? These Almond Flour Pancakes with a Cinnamon Swirl and Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting are sure to be a hit at the breakfast table. The recipe is ketogenic, gluten-free, and suitable for diabetics.
Keto cinnamon pancakes recipe
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
- Makes: 6 5-inch pancakes
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- 1 cup of paleo flour.
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 2 organic eggs from free range chickens.
- 1/4 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt .
- 1/3 cup of organic coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil.
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract (optional).
- 2 tablespoons of purified water.
- 2 tablespoons of granulated monk fruit to sweeten.
- 1/4 teaspoon of organic cinnamon.
- 1 pinch of organic nutmeg.
- 2 squirts of liquid stevia (optional).
- 2 squirts of cinnamon-flavored liquid stevia.
- In a medium bowl, place all the ingredients except the coconut oil. Using an electric mixer, mix the ingredients well.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of the pancake batter into the pan and cook for 3½ to 4 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Remove the pancake and put it on a plate. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 6 5-inch pancakes.
Serving size: 1 pancake (5 inches)
|Amount per proportion||% Daily value|
|Total fat 14 g||22%|
|Total carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.