The itchy underarm is a common problem that can result from a variety of different causes, some more complex than others. What is true is that this condition can say a lot about health and how you deal with this situation will make the difference between improvement or uncontrolled itching.
The itchy skin , whatever part of the body, is a reason enough to attend a dermatologist since, last few days, the quality of life will be completely altered and ends up being a very irritable situation without taking into Note that it may be a reason for infection.
The armpits are one of the most sensitive areas of the body and at the same time it is constantly exposed to many factors that can promote this condition. To begin to combat itching, you must take into account the cause of the itchy armpits and how to act accordingly . If the condition persists for several days, it is necessary to see a doctor quickly to avoid a greater risk of infection.
What may be indicating itchy armpits?
Before wanting to use any home remedy or medicine to treat itchy armpits , it is important to know the direct cause of this annoying condition, since it may be indicating something about our health that we are missing. Some of the most common causes are:
- Cosmetic products, fabrics or food : what is causing the allergy should be observed, be it a synthetic material, a new use deodorant or some foods that can generate this reaction. In this case, the body is telling us that we should opt for products that are not toxic to our body, therefore it begins to discard them and tries to use natural products.
- Hair removal : infections in this delicate area generally occur when waxing, since it is an invasive process. Some ingrown hair can be the cause of the swelling and itchiness, which could turn into a long-term infection in the worst case.
- Underarm fungus : Underarm candidiasis can form due to humidity, synthetic fabrics do not absorb normal perspiration from this area so it can increase the risk of fungus. Avoiding excessive sweating or wearing appropriate clothing can help improve the situation and prevent it.
- Diseases : itchy armpits are also caused by more serious diseases, such as chickenpox, psoriasis, kidney failure, scabies, Hodgkin’s disease and bile duct obstruction.
- Dry skin : Having dry skin can be due to a number of reasons and is a common cause of itchiness . This could cause a rash in the armpits and turn bad if not treated properly.
- Medications : finally, if the itching appears when you start taking any medication, this could be the cause and it is important to see a doctor.
Presenting this condition can be common and it happens to all people at some point, but if it is not acted immediately, applying the correct treatments, it can become a more delicate situation and compromise the state of health.
Natural remedies to treat itchy armpits
These natural remedies can benefit the skin, eliminating itching in a short time, and preventing it from re-irritating the skin.
Among the natural remedies, there is Aloe vera, one of the natural remedies widely used to treat multiple skin conditions, although it is one of the most used, like castor oil, there are other remedies that are a very good solution to treat armpit irritation.
Carrying out a baking soda bath applying a ratio of 3: 1 (Bicarbonate: water) is one of the remedies that can help solve this problem in irritated or dry armpits . It is necessary to leave it on for 30 minutes and not rinse the area, just gently dry it and let the mixture take effect.
There are many herbs such as rosemary, mint, basil, chamomile, alfalfa, among others, whose anti-inflammatory properties are highly valued, although not everyone is aware of these. Make an infusion of one of the aforementioned herbs and apply cold to the armpit area.
Making a paste of water and oatmeal in a 1: 2 ratio can help relieve the discomfort caused by itching . It should be applied to the skin and left to act for several minutes. Oatmeal is one of the main ingredients in beauty products today, thanks to its vitamins and minerals, this cereal in its oatmeal version can help you soothe skin irritation and also provide many other benefits.
It is an African fruit whose properties are perfect for treating this health problem. This shea butter is highly recommended after underarm waxing, because it helps to relax and hydrate the skin, thus alleviating the possible irritation that usually appears after waxing.