The liver is an organ that, unlike others, has the great ability to regenerate itself when the condition is not so serious, however in most cases, liver diseases affect the entire organ and greatly deteriorate measure its operation, in some cases it can even be completely damaged if the cause of the aggression does not cease. Still, there are ways to naturally regenerate your liver to help you when you can’t do this yourself.
The liver regenerative capacity does not last forever, along with old age it reaches a point where the number of its cells begin to decrease in quantity, therefore the organ becomes increasingly incapable of adequately fulfilling its multiple functions. .
In the event that the aggression by external factors that it receives subsides, it is possible that it can regenerate without help after a while in patients who are not very old.
When is a liver regeneration necessary?
Such is its regenerative power, that in the case of children as patients destined for a liver transplant, only half is usually implanted, so that it grows and develops along with the rest of the infant’s organs, functioning without any type from problems.
Some Common Liver Conditions
Some of the following conditions can promote liver regeneration from liver damage.
- Fatty liver : There are many health complications and bad habits that trigger a fatty liver, in which case, the most notorious symptoms are unreasonable weight loss and reluctance.
- Enlarged liver : This condition can cause the liver to change its size, and serious symptoms can occur.
- Intoxicated liver : One of the most common conditions that occurs in the liver, a product of poor diet and the inappropriate use of alcoholic beverages.
How to regenerate the liver naturally
Not only is it the second largest organ in the body, it is also one of the most important. It is responsible for filtering all harmful toxins that enter the body, preventing them from reaching the bloodstream.
The best way to help the natural regeneration of the liver as well as to heal it after suffering a disease, or to prevent it from stopping working, and can maintain good functioning is by purifying it and this is achieved in the following way:
Drink a lot of liquids
- Drinking abundant amounts of water is one of the best ways to detoxify the entire body, it maintains the necessary hydration so that everything works properly, helping cell regeneration , and it also facilitates the work of filtering toxins.
- The green tea is rich in catechin , which is a plant antioxidant that is responsible for aiding greatly liver function , as well as help reduce the amount of fat accumulated in the body.
- Reduce the amount of alcohol that is ingested, as this is one of the main culprits that toxins accumulate more frequently and intensely.
- Many fruits, especially the red ones, have organic acids that help reduce the level of sugar that accumulates in the blood, therefore fat is more easily eliminated and the body is kept much cleaner. So, increase the consumption of red fruits to be able to regenerate the liver quickly .
Eat healthy foods
1. Most processed foods have a large number of preservatives and harmful fats that raise cholesterol, this can congest and saturate the liver of many fatty residues that is why they should be avoided:
fast foods (especially those that have a lot of frying), red meats that have too much fat, any food that has colorings or sweeteners.
2. All vegetables are healthy, but some specifically contain certain nutrients that have the virtue of stimulating liver cell production , therefore protecting the organ from the toxins that it processes and expels from the body.
Add turmeric , beets, pink grapefruit, avocados, and apples to your usual ingredients .
3. Garlic is very rich in some components with sulfur, which increases and strengthens the functioning of enzymes , it also contains selenium and hallucine, which are two nutrients that protect this important organ.
4. Nuts are rich in arginine, an amino acid, in fatty acids such as omega 3 and in glutamine, all these substances eliminate ammonia from the body, which is one of the main causes of the liver becoming seriously ill. It also acts as a liver protector .
Using herbal remedies to regenerate the liver
Herbs can be ingested in various ways, especially in infusions, some herbal treatments can be perfect for the liver to regenerate naturally, as they protect the liver cells, as well as improve its functioning.
They can also be found in tablets or capsules, which can be included as an extra supplement in the daily diet. Not only are they very healthy, but it also prevents the increase of rare substances in the body.
This herb is one of the main ones to recover from liver damage . Its main active ingredient is silymarin, a complex of different compounds, vitamins and flavonoids that together help rebuild the liver and protect it.
Silymarin is a powerful antioxidant that increases glutathione levels in the liver by 35%, which is responsible for purifying the liver of a wide range of toxins.
With increased glutathione levels, the liver has a greater power to cleanse the blood of toxic compounds. For these reasons, the consumption of milk thistle acts as a protector and regenerator of the liver .
You can add the dandelion leaves directly to your salads, with this you will get extensive benefits for liver health. It can also be found in capsules or as a herbal tea in most health food stores.
This herb has been used successfully in the treatment of many liver diseases, such as hepatitis, inflammation of the liver, stones in the liver, liver failure, jaundice, etc.
Peppermint is involved in stimulating the production of bile , and repairing the bile ducts, which is a great help in the breakdown of fats (relieving pressure on the liver).
It also helps lower bad cholesterol, making the liver’s job of filtering out toxins a whole lot easier.
This herb acts as a blood purifier and is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine. What this herb does is restore damaged cells while increasing the flow of bile to increase its function.