Some of us already know about the beauty benefits of rice. But have you heard of rice soap to enhance your beauty or lighten your skin? Well, in Asian countries, rice is considered an amazing source that can make you more beautiful. If folklore stories are something to take into account, it is said that women who worked hours in the rice fields always used the water that was left after washing the rice. They often washed their faces and even bathed with rice water. With that said, next, we will tell you how to prepare a rice milk soap to lighten the skin.
Today, most of the popular cosmetic brands use rice oil, rice extract, and rice starch in their beauty products. Rice bran oil has become a favorite among soap makers these days. It’s loaded with antioxidants, vitamin E, and other beauty-enhancing ingredients.
How to make rice milk soap
If you too are tempted to try this natural but effective bathing product, this is for you. Learn how to make a rice milk soap at home. This is what you need:
- Jasmine rice
- Essential oils of your choice, such as avocado oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, and olive oil
- Herbs like rosemary, thyme, lavender, marjoram, or any other herb of your choice
1. Cook 1 part of rice for 4 parts of water
2. Allow it to cool
3. Once cold, blend everything
4. Strain the rice milk from the fiber
5. Freeze the milk to make cubes
6. Then, take these cubes into a mixing bowl and slowly add the hydrogen peroxide. Melt mixing.
7. Once the two are properly mixed, strain into a new container.
8. Add your choice of essential oils and herbs to it.
9. Mix everything together in a blender.
Note: You need to cook about half a cup of jasmine rice in two cups of water for about half an hour to get one cup of rice milk. Mix this milk with 125 ml of hydrogen peroxide and oils (olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil ) to form rice milk soap.
10. Make sure the mixture is consistent.
11. Now, pour the mixture into a silicone mold and freeze it.
12. Now, you are ready to use your rice milk soap .
The different herbs and oils you use will give your soap a distinctive color, texture, and fragrance. You can also add mango and shea butter to your rice milk soap .
In addition to fragrance, it offers many benefits for the skin. These homemade rice milk soaps are creamy and create a good lather .
Benefits of rice milk soap
If you look through your skincare products, you will invariably find rice milk as one of the active ingredients in them. Read on to learn about the benefits of rice milk soap:
1. Rice milk imparts a whitening effect to the skin.
2. Leaves a soft glow on your face.
3. Helps to even out your skin tone when used regularly.
4. Helps lighten scars and other dark spots on your face.
5. It is a good moisturizing agent for the skin.
6. Seals your skin with good moisture and helps remove excess oil secretion.
7. When combined with honey, rice milk can leave your skin soft, smooth and supple.
8. Mix rice milk with almond paste to make an effective body scrub. Alternatively, you can mix it with gram flour.
9. Rice milk lightens dark lips, if you use it regularly.
10. Relieve your skin from sunburn.
11. Mix the rice milk with turmeric powder. You can use it as a facial toner after removing makeup.
We use many types of cosmetics to look beautiful. But nature has stored many good things for us. Rice milk soap is a great way to pamper your skin without using harsh chemicals.