Regardless of where you live, you can take advantage of what having a hanging garden in your home or garden has to offer .
How to design a hanging garden
The advantages of vertical gardens is that they can take advantage of the micro spaces of the garden, the terrace or the balcony to have a green space and even grow. The vast majority of people live in urban areas, so the ideas of designing a smart hanging garden are the key to making the most of the space you have.
Why bother with a hanging canal garden?
The hanging gardens channels are a great way to take advantage of vertical space around the house to grow flowers, groceries and create a stylish space divider without spending too much money. Next we will show you how to build it at home and very easily.
Materials to design the hanging garden
- 8 Inch PVC Gutter
- PVC tapas
- 1/8 “steel cables
- Cross clamps (see image below)
- Steel bars 1/8 ”diameter
- Galvanized eye hooks
- Composted soil for pots and plants.
Tools that we will need for its construction
- Cordless Drill with Bit Set
- Handsaw or saw
- French key
- Measuring tape
- Permanent marker
- Eye protection
Once all the materials are ready, we are going to proceed with the construction of the hanging garden.
- Determine the center of your channels and draw a reference line (otherwise it won’t hang straight).
- Drill the holes for the wire rope bars. Find a bit the same diameter as the cable to minimize the leeway.
- Drill several spaces along the gutter to get good drainage for our plants.
- Find a place that gets at least 4 hours of sun.
- Drill holes to hold the eye hooks to hang the vertical garden, make sure the distance is the same as the gutters.
- Use the clamps at the bottom of the gutters (as shown in the image) to secure them at the desired height, they can all be at the same height or vary according to what type of plants each one will contain.
- Secure the channels with the half circle steel bars.
That’s all, now compose the garden as you like best and take care of it, you will see that in a space that was previously empty you can now have green life and you can get many advantages from it.