The benefits of skin detoxification is the removal of dirt, oil, and other unwanted debris that accumulate on a daily basis. Throughout the day the skin, especially the face, is continuously covered with bacteria, pollutants, viruses, dirt and old (dead) skin cells. The daily facial washing removes these impurities to give skin a fresh look and rejuvenated .
Without detoxifying your skin, it would be covered with a thick layer of dirt which makes it more difficult for other products to penetrate the skin correctly, also giving way to the formation of pimples, pimples and unwanted blackheads.
How to detoxify your skin at home
We are going to start the “skin detoxification” and ensure that our body, mainly the face, can look younger, including the skin of the hands, neck and the rest of the body.
The first step is cleaning the skin
It is recommended to wash your face 2 times a day with an ideal soap for your skin type. Give preference to liquids and, for the body, those of hydration and creamy base, except in areas with acne on the body, if you suffer from it.
Removing makeup is something that you should never forget, let alone go to bed fully made up. You can try some options to remove makeup residue, try a facial cleanser that can be used for all skin types.
Prepare a special tonic
Toners are proposed to correct the change in pH of the skin that can be caused by soap and, in addition, contain soothing and moisturizing properties along with antioxidant components. These tonics should be used after washing. Try this skin toner , made from an old recipe.
Moisturize the skin
That is the watchword to make the skin look younger. Choose products with ceramides, urea-based vegetable oils for the body and choose to apply them after bathing. Try to use the correct moisturizer for your skin type. Learn how to properly hydrate your skin .
One to two times a week it is essential to remove impurities and stimulate cell renewal in our skin . You should not forget to exfoliate your entire body and not just your face. Learn more about the correct way to exfoliate the body . You can also exfoliate each area of the body and face separately, learn more about exfoliating the lips .
Steam to detoxify the skin
Steam is welcome at this time as you want to remove impurities from your skin. Opt for a 10-15 minute sauna or hot tub and expose this area to steam to remove all toxins. Be careful not to burn yourself, although it seems obvious, many times it can happen from one moment to another without us noticing, so you must be careful. With the heat of the steam, the pores of the skin are more open and dilated . Using the scrub after this procedure will help remove blackheads and skin blemishes.
Nutrients and antioxidants
It’s time to get back to daily skin care. Select homemade masks or creams rich in vitamin C or E to apply on the face. These home treatments can help you fight free radicals and restore your skin’s glow.
A balanced diet
We always repeat that our skin is a reflection of our emotions and what we eat. So go back to your balanced diet, choose colorful plates of vegetables and organic foods, fruits, vegetables and legumes, lean protein and low fat. The diet is a supplement that you must add when detoxifying the skin.
Some other benefits of cleansing the skin
- Regular skin detoxification is essential to keep skin glowing and healthy.
- Detoxifying the skin helps the absorption of anti-aging products and other beauty treatments work properly.
- Cleaning helps maintain proper pore size.
- It favors the hydration of the skin and prevents the production of excess sebum.
How to choose the right facial cleansing products
With literally hundreds of cleansers to choose from, here are some simple tips for choosing the right skin cleanser:
- If you have dry skin, you should avoid cleansers that are high in alcohol . People with oily skin need a cleaner with a lower PH level. For sensitive skin, a basic cleanser free of strong additives and fragrances is recommended.
- Cream and gel based cleansers are ideal for dry skin and foaming cleansers are best for oily skin types.
- If you wear a lot of makeup, try to use products that do not harm the skin and never forget to remove the makeup.
- If you tend to sweat a lot, it will be recommended to look for a product aimed at avoiding clogged pores.
- If you have problems with allergies, look for natural cleansers, free of synthetic ingredients.
- Selecting a detergent with a balanced PH will help you maintain the natural balance of the skin.