How to cure a sore throat naturally
Our ancestors had extensive experience in treating various diseases and knew effective recipes for curing them. These recipes are passed from one generation to another due to their effectiveness. This is how we know them to this day.
This is a very effective prescription for the treatment of sore throat and tonsils, it can, in less complicated cases, offer a quick recovery in hours. It is prepared with powdered caraway seeds . Caraway or also known as meadow cumin, (Carum carvi) has a great resemblance to cumin, both in appearance and flavor, although its seed is larger and slightly curved. It is a spice with a spicy flavor and an aroma more similar to anise.
Caraway seeds are often used in bronchitis and cough medications, especially intended for children. It is also useful against a sore throat and tonsils.
How the seeds are used to remove a sore throat and tonsils
The infusion of seeds used to gargle is effective in fighting throat infections and is a good expectorant.
The properties of caraway seeds to treat a sore throat are very varied , it is also very effective for the digestive system, especially in the intestinal muscles, relieving colic, diarrhea, stomach cramps and bloating.
Improves appetite and relieves menstrual cramps. They also have diuretic and nutrient properties for the body. Caraway increases milk production in nursing mothers.
Recipe of the remedy for sore throat and tonsils
- Pour 200 ml of water over 80 g of powdered caraway seeds and boil for 15 minutes.
- From this cooking you will get a thick elastic dough.
- Strain, add 50 ml of water and boil the strained seed again
- Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of cognac (or brandy).
- Your medicine is ready.
How to consume this remedy
- Take a teaspoon of the resulting mixture every 30 minutes.
- After 2 hours, the pain in your throat will start to go away and you will be able to swallow easily.
- After 4 hours you can finish the treatment.
- It can be drunk for a longer period, in the most severe or persistent cases.
- This drink is recommended to anyone who is prone to colds and often suffers from a sore throat and tonsils.
Note: Caraway is not recommended for people with kidney problems.