Toothache is a problem that can occur for various reasons such as the birth of wisdom teeth or a cavity in one of our teeth , and also, it can be the cause of us suffering an annoying earache. That is why you should never neglect regular visits to your dentist.
As it is known by all that a toothache is so unbearable that it takes away our appetite, robs us of sleep and completely transforms our mood, knowing what home remedies for toothache can help us to alleviate these distressing moments is done something indispensable.
Three home remedies for toothache with cooking plants
• Garlic serves the same purpose to scare away vampires as it does to overcome a toothache because they act as a natural antibiotic. This is due to allicin, a compound that has caused garlic to be used as an anesthetic in the past.
To take full advantage of its antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties, we must peel and cut a fresh garlic, to then place it on the gum of the sore tooth for at least twenty seconds. We will continue repeating this operation and although at first the contact with garlic is very annoying, in the end it will help to say goodbye to the pain.
• Another all-natural home remedy for toothache is parsley . A plant known for its smell, but which also has anti-inflammatory properties. Chewing the leaves of a fresh bunch of parsley several times a day will help to overcome the ailment. Remember to rinse afterwards to avoid residue.
• Normally the onion is that vegetable that makes us shed a tear in the kitchen, but this time due to its antiseptic properties and its disinfectant power, it will fight your toothache.
You must place a piece of fresh raw onion on the grinding wheel and squeeze hard to release its juice on the area, acting as a sedative when in contact.
Are there home remedies for toothache based on spices?
Yes, spices not only serve us to flavor dishes, they are also great allies against toothache . This is the case of cloves, which due to its eugenol substance, has sedative properties that will help combat the discomfort caused by toothache.
You may have a small jar of cloves at home to cook with.
But since it is already ground, it can lose its properties, it is better to use a grinder if you find yourself with a painful toothache, since what you really need is the powder.
The trick to using clove powder is to use a typical coffee pot filter as if it were a tea bag. To do this, we introduce a teaspoon of clove powder into the filter and place it between the gum and the cheek. Saliva will help filter the healing properties of this spice.
Two home remedies for wisdom tooth pain
• Salt has antiseptic power, so you only have to use it in a hot water rinse for 30 seconds, taking special care not to swallow the water.
You can make the rinse with half a glass of water and add a tablespoon of salt and remember to do it after each of the meals of the day.
• Another solution is the application of heat and cold on the affected area. It should never be applied directly on the sore tooth but through the skin of the face, it will not be extreme heat or excessive cold and it will not be applied for more than 15 minutes.
You can opt for a hot water bottle since these are usually presented with a protector, or use a clean, dry cloth. Some benefit from hot compresses and others by applying something cold to the area.
- Relieve toothache
- How to eliminate toothache
- Toothache remedies
- Pain from diets
- Reduce toothache
- Soothe a toothache