This rich, believe it or not, and contrary to any common ice cream, is one that has antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties. You do not strictly need a special machine to make it, and you will be surprised by its consistency, taste and texture. It is a healthy vegan dulce de leche ice cream , that against all odds, it is possible to make, without milk, without eggs and without sugar. Do you want to try?
Healthy vegan anti-inflammatory and antihistamine ice cream
Dulce de leche is one of many people’s favorite ice cream flavors – a kind of caramel flavor. Dulce de leche is traditionally made from condensed milk, but thanks to the creamy texture of the pumpkin butter and the caramel flavor of the coconut sugar, we are ready to make the vegan version, rescuing this delicious flavor through alternative vegan ingredients. . You can, however, heat the mixture to condense it before freezing. A couple of eggs will also make it creamier, but we prefer it 100% vegan ice cream.
Coconut sugar is used in this recipe, but dates can be used for a more chewy caramel texture.
Why is this a healthy ice cream?
- Butter gourd is an antihistamine and anti-inflammatory food.
- Coconut has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Ginger and turmeric are both antihistamines and anti-inflammatory foods.
- Vanilla is anti-inflammatory.
If you do not consume any type of sugar, use dates, applesauce, or whatever natural thing you use to sweeten.
Healthy vegan dulce de leche ice cream
Preparation time: 10 | Cooking time: 20 | freezing time: 1-3 hours | Servings: 2-4
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy coconut cream
- 3/4 of cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon pure vanilla (based on tolerance, optional, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon grated ginger, optional, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon grated turmeric, optional, to taste
- pinch of sea saltAddresses:
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 390F.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and place in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes until soft (use a fork to test), remove the seeds and discard them. Next, take out the meat.
- Place in a blender to puree.
In a powerful blender combine the pumpkin puree, coconut cream, coconut or date sugar, vanilla, salt, ginger and turmeric, if using.
How to do it in an ice cream maker:
- Pour very, very slowly into the pre-frozen ice cream machine. Blend for about 20-30 minutes, according to the instructions for your machine.
- Place in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
How to do it by hand:
- Pour into a container and freeze. Every 30 minutes the ice crystals are separated by stirring the mixture and returned to the freezer until the ice cream is frozen. This process can take hours.
- For a better consistency of traditional ice cream, leave the ice cream overnight in the freezer after the last time you stirred it.
- Serve and garnish with almond and / or pecan flakes.