Eating your veggies is easy when soaked in garlic bone broth. This soup is packed with antioxidants from fresh broccoli, asparagus, and garlic. Add to that a batch of tasty and healing bone broth, and you’ve got a great comforting dish.
Finish this soup with a perfect creamy drizzle of velvety lemon-infused coconut cream and a few drops of minced tarragon.
The secret of the healing soup is in browning the vegetables
An integral part of building the flavors of this soup is browning the vegetables.
First, give the onions time over medium heat to sweeten. You will know they are ready when they turn translucent.
Next, get a browning on the asparagus and broccoli. Finally, cook the garlic. Your nose is your friend in this step. Once the garlic is fragrant and golden, it’s time to deglaze with the bone broth.
Make sure to grab a wooden spoon to scrape off any browned spots that may be on the bottom of the pan.
Helpful tips to get started:
- Choose the right broth. Thick and rich bone broth is the base of this soup. Not only does it add flavor and texture, it also does wonders for your gut.
- Process the soup in batches. Overloading the food processor will only lead to a huge mess and uneven puree soup. Take your time and puree the soup in batches, processing each batch until completely smooth.
Healing soup for the intestine with garlic, asparagus and broccoli
6 grams of protein
11 grams of carbohydrates
12 grams of fat
Cooking time: 1 hour 3 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 20 grams of chopped asparagus
- 20 grams of broccoli chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tarragon
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the asparagus and broccoli, and cook another 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
3. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
4. Add the bone broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Working in batches, carefully transfer the soup to a food processor. Puree until completely smooth.
8. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and coconut cream.
9. Scoop the soup into bowls.
10. Drizzle with coconut lemon cream and top with tarragon.