Instincts can run into conflict, due to the norms dictated by society. This conflict is known as neurosis, according to Freud. Therefore, to know mental health you can perform the following test by Dr. Freud.
Test according to Sigmund Freud
This test is designed to find out how your mental health is. Each question must be answered below, depending on the option that is preferred:
1- You call an acquaintance whom you have not seen for a long time, the acquaintance encourages you to meet in a restaurant. Even if you want to talk to him, you have almost no money. What would you do?
- a) Mention that you do not have enough money, and if they can see each other elsewhere.
- b) Accept their invitation because you cannot show that you do not have enough money. Also, you want them to think that they have the same economic level.
- c) You agree to go to a restaurant, but you try to make him pay for the food. Even if you don’t remember his name, he is the one who made the invitation.
2- When walking down the street, a man notices that a group of people begin to laugh out loud. What do you think when listening to them?
- Thinking that someone in the group said something or did something funny.
- Believing that it is something about you that makes them laugh. You think they are making fun of how you walk or look.
- Assuming they are telling a good joke, so you pay more attention and then tell it.
3- If you leave home and no one is left. What will you think for most of the time you are away?
- You think about the things you have pending, to organize yourself.
- Your head stays in the house, thinking you left something on. You try to do everything quickly, to return to it soon.
- You completely forget about the house, and you enjoy what you are living in every moment.
4- You are traveling by public transport and at that moment you spill the coffee on your clothes. How would you act when this happens?
- Act normal, because the people there are ordinary. They will understand what happened and surely it has happened to some.
- Find what to cover yourself with, because you think everyone will look at you. You are very ashamed of what happened.
- You take the situation normally. Since washed out pants are all the rage, you might wear them to go out with your friends.
5- Someone whom you consider very attractive and intelligent invites you out. What will you say to the invitation?
- Accept the invitation, as it will be an ideal time to get to know him better. In addition, this occasion could lead to a possible relationship.
- You will not go, because he is someone very handsome and with a lot of knowledge. You consider that your appearance does not fit with someone so beautiful.
- You will attend, because things cannot be better.
Interpretation of responses
At the end of the test, it should be noted which were the options that prevailed when responding, depending on it, it will be known how mental health is.
If the majority of the answers agreed with this option, you are a person with good self-esteem. You tend to make wise decisions because you are analytical. You know how to calculate what happens and if there is a problem you try to overcome it, and move on.
You are someone with insecurities, who always puts the ideas and feelings of another before your own. You think about making others happy, but you don’t take time to make yourself happy. You get upset easily, making decisions very difficult for you. In this case, it is best to seek professional help.
You are a person with a balanced self-esteem. An optimistic attitude allows you to see the solution to every difficulty that comes your way. In addition, you are a person who manages to achieve the goals you set for yourself, because you are someone positive and confident in yourself.