Fatigue can sometimes be caused by dehydration. The main symptoms of a fluid deficiency in the body are loss of concentration and headaches.
Maybe you can feel this way at some point in the day: mentally and physically drained without explanation. But this could be due to the daily diet, as there are some foods that can cause fatigue in some people . Below you can learn about some of these foods that can make you feel more tired, which you can choose to reduce or eliminate permanently from your diet.
Foods rich in sugars
The foods that are high in sugar , instead of giving the body energy as some mistakenly think, actually deplete energy reserves of the body because they are metabolized quickly . In the process, large amounts of energy are needed that should be focused on other bodily functions.
It is true that sugar can give us an energy boost, but the effects are not long-lasting and can be counterproductive .
High fat foods
Eating foods that are high in fat also takes a lot of energy because they are difficult to digest. They generally provide less energy than they require to be processed, for this reason they can cause feelings of heaviness, fullness and fatigue immediately after eating them.
Some heavier foods can make us feel drowsy after consuming them , among these foods we can find:
- Vegetables like potatoes and pumpkins
- Dairy products
- Orange juice
- Sweet breads
The consumption of these foods is important because they provide essential nutrients for the body . We only have to regulate their consumption according to the effects they have on each individual, since we all absorb nutrients differently.
Caffeine produces an energetic sensation and stimulates the brain. For this reason it is used as a stimulant, it can activate certain bodily functions when it is drunk, but you should not abuse it since too much caffeine can cause insomnia, which translates into chronic exhaustion and the inability to regenerate the activities of the next day.
Lack of hydration
Feeling tired can also be caused by a lack of hydration if you don’t drink enough fluids throughout the day. When dehydration occurs, the main symptoms of this deficiency are poor concentration and headache. It should be noted that the best liquid for proper body function is adequate water consumption.
Foods that are not natural
Eating lots of foods that contain active chemicals can upset the body’s natural balance , causing fatigue and some long-term conditions and are the main cause that can make you feel more tired.
The excessive consumption of junk food such as hamburgers , hot dogs, pizza, etc. It has negative effects on the body, which has to work hard to process these foods, and ultimately tiredness and poor concentration are the result .
Tips to eliminate the feeling of tiredness
- Eating fruits and vegetables provides us with nutrients that provide the body with more energy and a feeling of well-being.
- The whole grains provide the energy we need to start your day.
- Walnuts , almonds and sesame seeds are another important source of energy and are essential to stay alert during our daily activities as well as to improve concentration .
- Keep your body active with stretching and movements throughout the day . Exercise and establish a routine according to your daily work schedule. If you don’t have time to get home from the gym, you can do a light workout like climbing the stairs, going for a walk and breathing the fresh air.
- Keep your mind active by reading and doing mental exercises.
- Make sure you get adequate rest each night, try creating a perfect environment to fall asleep . This will relieve exhaustion and give you a boost of energy for the next day.
- Lastly, eating a healthy diet gives your body the nutrients it needs for proper function and an overall sense of well-being throughout the day.