Sometimes, if not most, fluid retention is caused by poor eating habits that lead to overweight . If the fat that covers your abdomen is soft and with little consistency, or has holes, and when you sink your finger in it it takes time to recover the usual color, then there may be fluid retention apart from fat in your belly.
Dandelion increases urine production
This remedy with dandelion herb can help you. Dandelion is a natural diuretic that increases urine production and improves your liver’s ability to function .
It will remove retained water and toxins from your body, especially from the belly area that you know by the name of abdominal bloating . Combined with some spices to reduce fat, this dandelion tea not only tastes good, but helps reduce belly fat that is due to water retention.
Remedy to reduce belly fat and fluid retention
Try to eat a diet rich in protein, moderate in carbohydrates and low in fat, as well as doing cardiovascular or aerobic exercise.
You will need to:
- 1 tablespoon of dandelion root (roasted) or 1 teaspoon of roasted dandelion root powder as well.
- Fresh ginger (minced) – a 1/2-inch piece
- Cardamom seeds from 1 Cardamom
- 1/2 inch of a cinnamon stick
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 and ½ cups of water
- Pure honey (optional)
Do the following:
- Add all the ingredients to the water except honey.
- Boil everything for 5-10 minutes
- Strain the tea and add honey to it if using.
- You can drink 2-4 cups of this tea during the day.
Caution : If you have blocked bile ducts or suffer from some gallbladder- related conditions , avoid drinking dandelion tea. Consult your doctor before drinking this tea.