The indigenous people, the first inhabitants of our planet and an ethnic group with great knowledge about who we are and what we have come to do in this life, say that ” Man is a word, we are our words .” It is very important for all of us to discover the power that your words have , to make use of in our life and personal development, so that we can move towards success, once we discover the limitless scope of it, we are going to begin to put everything into words.
Surely you have heard of techniques such as coaching and NLP, neurolinguistic programming, these are strategies developed to positively exploit the power of the word on our behaviors and the behaviors of the people around us.
NLP is a technique developed from the 70s, by a group of scholars of human behavior, realizing that there were significant differences in communication skills between one or the other therapists, they found that Fritz Perls, Virginia Satir and Milton Ericksson managed a surprising success rate compared to other specialists in the same intervention area. From this observation and the systematization of those experiences, a series of tools emerged, through which today coaching sessions are conducted to motivate, heal and achieve success.
Discover the power of your words
The truth is that the power of the word has been proven throughout the history of psychology , there is no doubt about its effects and no one disputes its scope today, the word creates realities, changes moods and can with the same capacity do On the contrary, it is the minimum unit of thought, stop for a minute to think, what that thought is made of, they are words, with them we learn to identify and name and mean everything we perceive, our actions are encoded in words, and we we give meaning to life.
This powerful tool can change your life if you focus a little on learning to use it, to communicate with your environment, family, friends, co-workers, but also to establish control mechanisms and self-dialogue, you must always remain alert to what you say And what they tell you, as well as those things you say to yourself, seems complicated, but it is not. Start paying attention to your words and follow these short tips to start making a change in your life.
Tips for learning to use words
- Treat yourself well , address yourself in a clear and loving polite way, discover yourself when you engage in dialogues with yourself.
- Eliminate outright denials , “I can’t” can be substituted for “I have to achieve some skills that I still need to develop to do so.” Explore the words you say to yourself and their impact on your feelings and emotions.
- Be polite and be very specific in what you say and in the messages you send, make your words correspond with your feelings, stay attentive and in control, you already know the power of words.
- Praise and praise yourself , go and think positive, look at skills and talk about them, empower your words of positive things, talk about achievements and not failures, talk about skills instead of talking about weaknesses, strengthen yourself and strengthen others. How well I have done today, how beautiful this shirt looks on me, and so on.
- Add to your vocabulary those words that add things to your expressions, talk about contributions, accomplishments, goals, achievements, future prospects for advancement, add words like “Excellent, powerful and unique.”
- Take responsibility, admit your power over the things that happen around you, let your control flow, add yourself in the first person to the solution of the problems you encounter, actively participate in your words and create positive sentences .
- Do not order things or order things to yourself , the use of the order generates rebellion, consider everything and ask everything from the positive question, What would you think if … instead of …? “This is how you manage to challenge the power struggle.
- Be curious , add the use of questions for yourself and for others, questions are the fertile source of words and remember the more words you use the greater the creations in your life.
Words are truly magical minimal units of thought, use them appropriately and responsibly, you have a tool in your mouth to overcome, use it and enjoy the power of your words. Remember… what you say about yourself is basically the filter through which you experience life.