Foot pads have been used and sold in Japan for hundreds of years . Similar to acupuncture, this oriental medicine has a positive effect on the energy systems of people, the use of foot pads improves the autonomic nervous system of the body.
Detoxify your body with foot pads
According to Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt of the American Academy of Neural Therapy:
“ The main physiological effect of foot pads is the stimulation of the liver and kidney meridians . This increases the metabolic rate at which liver and kidney cells detoxify the blood and purify the body. “
In essence, these pads are based on reflexology , which is an ancient healing art that uses the reflex points on the bottom of the feet to activate organs and systems throughout the body. It is believed that the stimulation of these reflex zones can promote health in the corresponding organs and systems through energy pathways.
By placing foot pads, you aid detoxification at these reflex points, which in turn will help activate, stimulate, and detoxify your body.
Why the pads are put on the feet
The pads are used on the feet for a couple of reasons: the feet are considered in oriental medicine, the “second heart”, that is, they help to pump the circulation of blood and lymph back towards the torso.
Being sedentary much of our time, this natural pumping action is inhibited and circulation tends to bog down around the feet, ankles and calves.
In fact, just by sitting in a short chair, the blood flow to your body drops by 50%.
How foot pads work
Foot pads are classified by the Therapeutic Goods Administration as a therapeutic medical device and work like a poultice.
How to make a homemade foot pad
They are quick and easy to do. Also, you probably already have all the ingredients at home.
- A tablespoon of finely minced garlic
- A tablespoon of finely chopped onion
- Apple cider vinegar
- Self-adhesive gauze
- A small pot
- Bring ¼ cup of organic apple cider to a boil.
- Add the onion and garlic to the apple cider vinegar and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the solution from the heat and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- The solution is poured over the gauze pads until they are saturated but not dripping.
- Squeeze excess liquid from the pads, making sure not to get the adhesive wet.
- Apply the gauze compresses in the center of the soles of the feet.
- Put the socks on to keep them in place.
- Go to sleep.
- Take out the pad in the morning and throw it away. It must have turned dark brown.
Use these types of pads for one to two weeks and you will begin to notice changes. Do not forget that along with this type of remedy you must change some things in your lifestyle, such as eating habits, rest time, inactive life, etc., so that you can see better results.