This delicious creamy spaghetti will leave you so satisfied that you will want to help yourself more. It is also so simple to prepare that in less than half an hour you already have your dinner for that celebration that you have at the door. Accompany with a green salad, a smooth red wine and get ready to taste an exquisite dish.
Spaghetti will always be one of the most flavourful dishes par excellence that people like to choose to accompany their dishes. There are many ways in which you can prepare a spaghetti, there are from creamy, with mild and spicy sauces, there are also those with a drier consistency; however it is prepared, it will almost always leave you satisfied.
The following recipe is a creamy spaghetti, and not precisely because it contains cow cream or a variety of cheeses, it is because the texture of its sauce with bell pepper gives it that creamy and delicious touch on the palate. The set of its ingredients is a delight. Do not miss this recipe that is perfect for any occasion.
Creamy spaghetti with pepper and onion sauce
- 200 grams of organic whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dried oregano to taste
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 3 red bell peppers
- sea salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook the spaghetti pasta with a little sea salt and three bay leaves until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Take the bell peppers and remove the inner part with everything and seeds, then cut into thin slices (julienne).
- Finely chop the onion and fresh parsley sprigs.
- Sauté the onion in the preheated olive oil.
- After a couple of minutes, add the red bell pepper and continue sautéing in the oil for 7 more minutes.
- This mixture is allowed to cool and once cold you grind it until you obtain a homogeneous sauce.
- You put this sauce in the pan along with the parsley and oregano and let the flavors settle over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- After that add this sauce to the cooked spaghetti and stir very well.
- Put some Parmesan cheese on top or after serving on the plate, garnish with parsley or bay leaves.
- You can leave as optional some slices of the bell pepper without grinding and then add them to the spaghetti giving more presentation, more texture, color and flavor.
- You can also use the type of spaghetti that you like the most. This time we have chosen an organic whole wheat pasta for a healthier dish, but you can opt for a white pasta, or even a gluten-free pasta, in case you are celiac or gluten intolerant. These pastes already exist on the market.
- Although this pasta does not contain cow cream in its sauce, you can make a variation in it by adding a little of this cream in its light presentation or a little Manchego cheese to give it a thicker consistency. Try to always use organic products.