Senna tea has not been proven to help with weight loss, as more evidence is lacking to confirm this, but research has listed it as Possibly Effective for weight loss.
Are you trying to lose weight, but not getting many results? Wondering if there are any unique ingredients that can help your weight loss efforts ? Senna tea is believed to be able to solve your weight loss problems . But how much of this is true?
Senna Tea – An Overview:
Senna, an herb with natural laxative compounds, is used medicinally to relieve constipation . It has been endorsed by the US FDA as an over-the-counter laxative. However, it has also been used as an agent to remove toxins from the body and stimulate weight loss . Senna tea is made by boiling the leaves of the senna herb.
Senna has bright yellow flowers and its tree grows in the desert. In several countries, it has been used for centuries to treat health problems such as indigestion, skin conditions, and respiratory diseases. The components of senna are believed to have powerful laxative effects that stimulate the waste elimination process in our body.
While many people use the leaves of the tree directly to make and drink tea, it would be a better idea to buy senna tea available in markets. The tea bags are devoid of resins or contaminants that may be present in the leaves .
Senna tea and weight loss:
There are no large-scale scientific studies on senna tea that it can be used to support weight loss benefits . Therefore, it is not endorsed by the mainstream medical community as an active weight loss supplement.
However, the use of senna can certainly aid in the elimination of waste which is an important part of healthy metabolism . The accumulation of toxins in the body opens the way for weight gain. Eliminating toxins can help thwart obesity. So drinking the tea can help the weight loss process by following this logic .
Ways to use Senna tea:
To be on the safe side, you can drink senna tea and increase the weight loss process. However, you will have to learn how to use it correctly .
You can find many variants of senna tea on the market today and you will find it in various health food stores . A lot of online stores also sell these products. Make sure to buy a decaf mix as it won’t affect your sleeping patterns. While the senna capsule form is also available, the tea form is more easily absorbed.
Preparation of senna tea
At first, you will have to boil some water. Place the tea bags containing the senna tea in boiling water. It can be brewed for 5 minutes or so. Some people use lemon juice to add flavor to the preparation. You can also add a few drops of honey for the same reason.
You can drink Senna tea twice a day for effective results.
When you drink Senna tea, eat the right foods for maximum effects. You must eat foods such as chicken, fish, salads and fruits very well. Drink plenty of water throughout the day is also necessary. This will improve the digestion process.
Exercising while drinking tea is advisable . There is no fixed formula, but 30 minutes of exercise per day is recommended to lose weight or maintain your ideal weight. You can choose a form of exercise that you are comfortable with.
Warnings and things to keep in mind
When resorting to any food or products to lose excess weight, it may be necessary to take some precautions . The same goes for senna tea as it has some adverse health effects, and you should be aware of them.
- There is not much information available on the impact of using senna tea on long-term consumption . However, it is not advisable to take it for a long time. Its use for two weeks should be safe . Long-term intake of senna tea can cause the intestines to become over-active .
- Other possible side effects can include muscle weakness, heart function disorders, and liver damage. However, these generally occur when a person consumes senna tea in large quantities for a very long time.
- Some people have also reported suffering from diarrhea and dizziness after using the tea for a long period. In any case, you should be aware of such side effects, and if they develop, stop drinking the tea immediately.
- Important: You may or may not have any pre-existing health conditions. However, you should not drink senna tea without medical advice . Talk to your doctor or a diet expert about the safety of drinking this tea and after getting the go-ahead, you can start using it.
- A number of people can develop intestinal cramps after drinking senna tea. To avoid this, you can allow it to soak for half a day and then drink it. This will cause residues like resin to collect at the bottom of the pot, and the risk of side effects is minimized.
- Women who have conceived should not drink this tea without medical consent for safety reasons. The same can be said for women who are breastfeeding.
In general, you can get some weight loss benefits by drinking senna tea. However, given the fact that there is no scientific evidence that it works as a potent weight loss compound, and its primary role as a laxative, you shouldn’t rely solely on the herb for this purpose.
It is best used to supplement a diet or weight loss regimen . You also need to think about existing medical conditions before starting your intake. Also, you should consult a doctor before using it for the first time.
Reference for more information on the use of senna tea: nlm.nih.gov
The information shared here is not a medical advice, and is only shared with informational interest, consultation with a specialist is recommended before using the use of this herb or any other health advice available on the site.