The Quinoa has many beneficial contributions to health, and being included in the breakfast can take advantage from the beginning of the day, in addition to this the Canelo in turn can help give you a great taste while their properties make breakfast more than healthy .
Quinoa or quinoa is a grain crop that originates from South America. In recent times it has become a food highly appreciated for its nutritional value, since its protein content is very high (12% -18%), and it is a good source of vitamins and minerals, iron, magnesium, vitamin E , potassium, amino acids, and fiber.
Quinoa seed benefits
Quinoa has a light, fluffy texture when cooked, and is smooth with a slight nutty flavor.
It is full of versatility, as it can be used in sweet and fruity breakfasts, tasty main dishes and fresh salads.
You can know what are the benefits of quinoa seed in more detail.
Breakfast with Quinoa, apple and cinnamon
Ingredients to make this nutritious and delicious breakfast.
- Half a cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- One third cup of raisins
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a handful of dried cranberries
- Half a handful pecan nuts (or regular walnuts), lightly toasted
- 2 to 3 teaspoons unsweetened plain yogurt or coconut cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons agave syrup or honey (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa and bring it to a boil alongside the water in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the apples, raisins, and cinnamon. Cook over low heat until the water has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, toast the walnuts in a dry skillet for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle cranberries and walnuts over the quinoa. Serve hot with tablespoons of yogurt or coconut cream and sweeten with honey if desired.