Aside from the benefits that oats and honey have when eaten as food, they have an important role to play in skin care. Oats were already used in 2000 BC by the Egyptians and Arabs to beautify their skin. Oatmeal baths were used largely by the ancient Greeks and Romans for the cure of skin diseases, and honey, it is the same, an ancestral product used since ancient times.
Benefits of oatmeal and honey mask for the face
Benefits of oatmeal for the face
- Treat acne
- Eliminate dryness
- Moisturizes the skin
- Relieves itching
- Lightens the skin
- Treats irritations from poison ivy and chicken pox
- It is a natural cleanser
- Its proteins keep the skin protected, among other things.
Benefits of honey for the face
The honey also has been used since ancient times for its benefits to beautify the face. Among the most important uses of honey are:
- Acne: Honey is naturally antibacterial, which makes it ideal for treating and preventing acne.
- Aging – Honey is full of antioxidants, great for slowing down aging.
- GIVES YOUR SKIN A BOOST – It’s highly hydrating and calming, helping to create a glow for your skin
- Pores: Honey cleanses the skin because it opens the pores making them easy to unclog.
Once you have read the properties of oats and honey, you can imagine the benefits resulting from the preparation of an oatmeal and honey mask for the face, it is one of the best since the mixture of oats with honey enhances the properties of each one resulting in one of the most effective and beneficial masks that you can use to heal and beautify your skin.
How to make an oatmeal and honey face mask
Suitable for: Any skin type, from sensitive, oily, combination and / or acne prone skin
Tip: Do a test on a small area of your skin, before trying any new product.
Frequency: Can be used daily
Warning : This honey oatmeal mask is certainly a bit messy to apply and rinse off, but it is well worth the effort. Your skin gently exfoliates with a dewy glow after rinsing off the mask. You can lie in bed while you do the mask, or do it before you shower. The longer you allow this oatmeal and honey mask to sit on your face (20-30 minutes is recommended), the more difficult it is to remove, which is a good thing because you will have to massage your face in circular motions to loosen the mask and By doing so, you will be gently exfoliating your skin at the same time.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon organic rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons of pure honey
- 3/4 teaspoon distilled / filtered / pure water – add 1/4 teaspoon at a time
As a plus, instead of distilled water, you can also use homemade rose water or lemon juice. Rose water or tonic is suitable for all skin types, while lemon juice can be a reinforcement in the objective of fighting acne and lightening scars.
- Grind the oats until they are powdered.
- In a small bowl, mix the oatmeal, honey, and distilled water, 1/4 teaspoon at a time, until a thick paste forms.
- After washing your face, apply the oatmeal and honey mask all over the face, except the eye area for 20-30 minutes. Rinse the mask out by gently massaging in a circular motion to loosen. Follow up with your regular beauty routine by applying your favorite toner and moisturizer afterwards .