Why an apple diet?
A proverb in English says: ” An apple a day keeps the doctor away .” And if you eat two apples a day, you not only stay healthy, but you also easily reach your desired weight. This is because apples reduce your appetite so much that you end up eating around 200 kcal less per meal.
Apples are a rich source of widely consumed phytochemicals, and epidemiological studies have linked apple consumption to a reduced risk of some cancers, cardiovascular disease, asthma, and diabetes. See scientific studies and research on apples and their power to detoxify the body.
In simple language, that means: you can eat less and still feel full. Because the high fiber content lowers the rise in blood sugar, more and more fat is burned. Fiber pectin ensures that food stays in the digestive tract longer, therefore you stay full longer. The vital substances also stimulate the metabolism to achieve maximum performance.
How do apples help you lose weight?
In the following list you can see the effects of each substance present in the apple, which make it an excellent option to detoxify the body and achieve the ideal weight.
|Pectin||Fiber swells in the digestive tract and becomes durably saturated. Drinking a lot supports this effect.|
|Potassium||Excess body water can cause unnecessary weight. Potassium helps eliminate it.|
|Vitamin C||The body needs vitamin C to make norepinephrine, which is important for fat loss.|
|Polyphenols||Phytochemicals not only protect the heart and blood vessels, but also stimulate digestion.|
|Magnesium||This important mineral supports the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, so it is better to lose weight.|
|Vitamin B complex||Helps the body cope better with stress. The less stress, the better fat loss works.|
Apple diet for 5 days
This is an example of a diet for informational purposes only, it is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, and it is advisable to follow a guided eating plan with a nutritionist before making abrupt dietary changes.
- Day 1:
- Eat apples throughout the day, but do not forget to accompany them with plenty of water.
- Day 2:
- Breakfast: 2 Apples.
- Lunch: Your favorite green salad with apple chunks (forget the dressing).
- Dinner: 2 Apples.
- Day 3:
- Breakfast: 1 apple, a piece of whole wheat bread and a little of your favorite ham.
- Lunch: Again your favorite green salad with apple, but add carrot this time.
- Dinner: 2 Apples.
- Day 4:
- Breakfast: 1 Apple, accompanied by a couple of slices of whole wheat bread and low-fat cheese.
- Lunch: Prepare a rich steamed vegetable salad (leave out the potato) and accompany it with a fillet of your favorite fish (grilled).
- Dinner: 1 Apple with a cup of low calorie yogurt.
- 5th day:
- Breakfast: 1 apple, an omelette with spinach and a piece of whole wheat bread.
- Lunch: Same as day 4, just swap the fish for a serving of lean meat.
- Dinner: 2 Apples.
After the fifth day … what do I do?
Undoubtedly this is a great question, so I must tell you that the best recommendation I can give you is to maintain a healthy and balanced diet , you cannot abuse those foods that are harmful to you. Avoid foods prepared with too much fat , opt whenever you can for healthy ways to cook, make your griddle your best friend.
Keep in mind that not everything is an advantage in the diet
Although this fabulous diet will help you lose weight and purify your body quickly, you have to take into account the possible side effects , below I will tell you which ones you should pay more attention to:
- The calorie consumption is quite low , so you can feel dizzy or worse still suffer severe headaches, nervousness and even irritability. If the symptoms you experience are very strong, discontinue the regimen.
- Possibility of suffering acute gastric acidity , motivated by the high consumption of apples, this can be prevented by consuming gastric protectors before each meal. However, if you suffer from stomach ailments, such as gastritis, consult your nutritionist before starting the apple diet.
Finally, diets usually give good results in a short time, but if you want them to be long-lasting, encourage yourself to exercise continuously.