Having a healthy colon is important for the overall well-being of the body . If the digestive system cannot completely eliminate accumulated fecal matter, over time, toxins may seep into the blood and thus develop various conditions such as back pain, abdominal bloating , intestinal obstruction, fatigue and even problems. on the skin.
Abdominal bloating arises from poor diet , overeating, and poor lifestyle habits. Having a flat stomach not only requires cosmetic care, it is also a sign of a good quality of life. This condition can create other severe discomforts such as irritable bowel syndrome, for this reason it is important to know how to do an abdominal massage for swelling .
How to do a good abdominal massage
Massages turn out to be one of the most effective techniques not only to relieve constipation, but also to strengthen the muscles of the intestinal tract that allow stool to be expelled easily. When the massage is done correctly, it can loosen the compacted stool making the muscles in the colon can twitch the waste in a more simple way. Performing an abdominal massage at home is quite simple since it does not require a great expense or a lot of effort. What to do is the following:
- Initially you should find a relaxed place so that there are no distractions , then you have to lie on your back on the carpet, on the couch or in a place that is convenient with your knees raised and feet flat.
- Now you breathe deeply, transporting the air pressure from the sacrum to the pelvic floor. Then exhale with the mouth, contracting the chest and abdomen as hard as possible. Breathing should be held like this throughout the massage .
- The fingertips of both hands are then used to massage around the navel for five minutes. After time, a feeling of relief may be felt. This exercise helps improve digestion, eliminate fluid retention , relieve tension, and reduce the stomach.
- The hands should now massage the entire belly but less the part of the navel for approximately five minutes, successively pumping the area. Then under the ribs on the right and left side, massage with the fingertips firmly sliding towards the navel.
- In the lower part of the belly you have to make two gentle circular movements that go from the pelvis to culminate in the navel. Finally, the hands are placed on the abdomen and it is heated for a few minutes.
An abdominal massage for bloating turns out to be an excellent complement to a balanced diet and a little exercise, as it helps to stimulate the cardiovascular, digestive and lymphatic systems. This type of massage also creates heat which helps dissolve adipose tissue and slowly flush out toxins through the lymphatic system . If you have little time, you can opt for another massage that helps to eliminate stomach discomfort by following the instructions below:
- The massage should start in the lower right part near the navel. You have to make gentle movements in a circular way and in an upward direction, that is, slowly upwards reaching the rib cage.
- It is necessary to follow the direction so that the belly can loosen the accumulated feces . Care should be taken if you have long nails as this detail can hinder the massage.
- If you want you can put a little pressure on the abdominal massage, you will probably want to start gently and increase the pressure in the following days. Ideally, do the procedure twice a week until you see the results.
Benefits of an abdominal massage for bloating
- Provides relief and warmth that helps relax the body through touch therapy.
- It expels the stool accumulated on the walls of the intestinal tract.
- Completely eliminates toxins helping the internal detoxification process.
- Relieves tension by helping to relax the muscles around the colon, promoting a healthier digestive system.