Excess fat around the belly is not only that annoying little love tag floating in the middle of our body, it has also been shown that this accumulated fat increases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer. That being said, burning belly fat should be a high priority when it comes to your health. Try the following stretches when you wake up each morning to burn belly fat. Check out the benefits below.
Why stretching when you wake up is a great help to lose body fat
People often think that exercises like yoga or Pilates are only going to do one thing – stabilize your core. But did you know that by strengthening and stabilizing your core you are actually helping to boost your metabolism and thereby reduce stubborn belly fat?
Research shows that yoga stretches also help alter your eating patterns, your sleeping habits, and your mood. These can affect the amount of weight you lose or gain around your waist line.
However, doing simple yoga stretches is not a quick fix, because to be honest, there is no quick fix when it comes to losing belly fat. Belly fat is the easiest to gain and the hardest to lose, in case you didn’t know. The only way is with hard work and dedication, if you just find the right routine, treatment and diet, and if you put it into action as it should.
Make sure you continue to eat healthy and don’t drop your high intensity exercise, but add the following waking up stretches from yoga to your healthy routine 2-3 times a week and that will definitely add a bonus to your work by helping you along the way. accelerate the pace of your goal.
5 stretches when you wake up to burn belly fat
Here are these 5 stretches that will help you reduce belly fat. Make sure to focus on your breathing, take your time, and relax.
1. Upward facing dog pose
This is one of the wake-up stretches that not only strengthens the abdominal muscles to help reduce belly fat, but also helps to strengthen the upper body by creating a strong and flexible spine.
- Lie on your stomach with your legs straight and your palms placed under your shoulders.
- Your chin and toes should touch the ground.
- Inhale slowly and lift your chest up as you bend backward.
- Depending on your strength, hold this pose for 15-30 seconds.
- Exhale slowly and bring your body back to the original position.
- Repeat 5 times with a 15 second rest time between each pose.
2. Mountain pose
This simple stretch helps improve posture and firms the abdomen area.
- Stand with your feet flat with your heels slightly spread and your toes in contact. Keep your spine straight with your hands on both sides and your palms facing your body.
- Stretch your hands out in front and bring your palms together.
- Inhaling deeply, stretch your spine. Raise your folded hands above your head, stretch as far as you can.
- Try lifting your ankles and standing on your toes, with your eyes looking up at the ceiling. If you can’t stand on your toes, you can leave your feet flat on the floor while your eyes look up at the ceiling trying to keep your spine stretched all the time.
- Breathe normally and hold the pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Inhale deeply, and as you exhale, slowly relax and bring your feet back to the floor. Repeat 10 times, gradually increasing the count. Relax for 10 seconds before trying the next rep.
3. Bend forward
This pose fully compresses the abdomen as you bend forward, leading to burning fat and toning the abdomen.
- Get into mountain pose, with your hands on either side of your body while your feet rest together, with your heels touching each other.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Inhaling deeply, raise your hand up.
- As you exhale, lean forward so that your body is perpendicular to the ground.
- Inhale, then exhale and bend forward fully, with your body falling below the hips.
- Try to touch the floor, with your palms on the ground, and without bending your knees. Beginners can try to touch the toes or just the ankles to start, thus working their way towards being able to touch the ground.
- Holding your breath, tuck in your belly and hold the position for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Exhale, release your toes, and lift your body to return to mountain pose.
- Repeat 10 times leaving a 10 second interval between two reps
4. Bow pose
This pose strengthens the central abdominal area, while the rocking motion helps to massage and activate the digestive system.
- Begin with lying on your belly in the prone position (lying on the belly) with your legs stretched out, your arms placed on either side of your body.
- Then bend your knees, bring your arm up to the ankles of your feet and hold.
- As you inhale lift your head and bend back. Raise your legs as high as possible.
- Hold this pose for 15 to 30 seconds. Breathe normally while holding the posture.
- On the exhale, slowly return your body to the prone position.
- Repeat this for at least 5 rounds with relaxation for 15 seconds after each round.
5. Table posture
While you tone and strengthen your shoulders, arms, thighs, and buttocks, this pose will also burn belly fat.
- Start with your hands and knees under your arms and shoulders.
- Bend your toes and bring your feet back to extend your legs behind your body.
- Inhale while looking just in front of your palms, so your neck and spine are aligned.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and hold.
- Your body should form a straight line. Make sure your hands are flat on the ground, and your fingers are spread apart.
- Hold for 15-30 seconds or as long as possible. Do it 5 times.
- Exhale and drop to your knees.
- Repeat this pose five times with a rest time of at least 15 seconds between each pose.
Before doing any type of exercise be sure to speak with your health specialist, especially if you are pregnant or dealing with any physical problem.