Our entire culture suffers from what some call “soul loss,” which is nothing more than a loss of meaning, direction, vitality, mission, purpose, identity, and genuine connection, a profound unhappiness that most of us have come to consider. as just ordinary. But really, when you are not happy , it is at least ordinary life can be, because in this life you come to be happy.
The soul, conscience, nobility, our deepest feelings, or whatever you want to call it, is our essence or heart of life, it is a place where you not only connect with your own value and essence, but with the value and essence of any other living being. What makes the loss of this direction so subtle and dangerous is that very few people have realized that it has happened.
Most of us do not know that we have disconnected from our soul, and we have come to accept in a normal way, a numbness and the lack of meaning in our lives, precisely not being happy.
Because we all belong to this culture, we all suffer from soul loss. It is an epidemic and blinds us from seeing the potential for joy and fulfillment in ordinary life. When soul loss is recovered, you will see familiar things in new ways, so that you can increase your joy in what you already have.
20 signs that you are not happy and have not noticed
These are 20 diagnostic signs that indicate the “loss of the soul” or connection with the beauty of life:
1. When you are not happy, you feel that you are not as good as other people.
2. You long to be of service, but you have no idea what you have to contribute and why it matters.
3. You find yourself struggling in vain for an impossible standard of perfection.
4. Your fears keep you from living large.
5. You are often worried that you are not good enough, smart enough, thin enough, young enough [fill in the blank].
6. You feel like a victim of circumstances that are beyond your control.
7. You feel that your daily life is meaningless and without tasks that drive you.
8. You often feel helpless, hopeless, or pessimistic.
9. When you are not happy, you protect your heart with walls of steel.
10. You often feel like you don’t really matter and your love doesn’t make a difference.
11. You are always trying to fit in and belong, but you rarely feel like you succeed.
12. You feel overwhelmed by the challenges you face in your life.
13. When you are unhappy, you suffer from a variety of physical, vague and difficult to treat symptoms, such as fatigue, chronic pain, weight gain or loss, insomnia, skin disorders, or gastrointestinal symptoms.
14. You struggle with being able to accept love and care.
15. You feel depressed, anxious, or chronically worried.
16. You feel that you are not appreciated enough.
17. When you are not happy, you find yourself judging others.
18. You often numb yourself with alcohol, television, or excessive chores.
19. When you are not happy, you feel disappointed in life.
20. When you are not happy, you have forgotten how to dream.
How Soul Loss Presents in the Doctor’s Office
What people who suffer from this loss need is the deep medicine of reconnection with their own being, but in our culture, we tend to treat this loss too superficial. We treat chronic pain with pain relievers. We treat insomnia with sleeping pills. We treat weight problems with diet and exercise.
And most dangerously, we can label the loss of the soul as a mental illness, such as depression, and cover up the symptoms with psychiatric medications that can make things worse by sticking a “band-aid” on a wound that is not healing under the bandage. .
The treatment you really need
Sometimes the soul needs space in order to heal itself, and this may require the courage to make some external changes in your life. Maybe you need to change careers in order to give the soul more room to breathe.
Perhaps an unhealthy relationship is narrowing the soul, and it’s time to enter therapy, set limits, or even end things. Maybe you need to find more people to love or move to a place that helps your soul come alive.
Maybe you need to give yourself permission to pursue more creative activities. Such changes can be part of the prescription that the inner doctor of your soul writes. But very often, these kinds of major life repairs are not necessary.
Reconnecting with the soul allows you to find peace and happiness where they are in ways that are much simpler and deeper than you think. It can be surprising to find that you’ve had what you need all the time and you’ve been looking in the wrong places.
Perhaps all that is needed is to see the life that you are already living in a different way.