Much is mentioned about coconut oil and the benefits that this vegetable oil can provide are extensive. From its uses as an oil for cooking, being the most recommended, to its medicinal and therapeutic uses, through the contributions it can give us for beauty treatments, supplying cosmetics and chemical products. In this article we invite you to know what coconut oil is for.
The benefits of virgin coconut oil
Among the benefits of coconut oil we can find a large amount, for example it is antibacterial (it kills the bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum diseases and other bacterial infections) But the uses of this oil There are so many vegetable oil that we can’t promise you’ll finish reading the full list of 160 possible uses for coconut oil.
- Anti-carcinogenic . It has antimicrobial properties so that it effectively prevents the spread of cancer cells and improves the immune system .
- Anti-inflammatory. It appears to have a direct effect in suppressing inflammation and tissue repair, and may also contribute by inhibiting harmful intestinal microorganisms that cause chronic inflammation.
- Anti-microbial. The medium chain fatty acids and monoglycerides found in coconut oil are the same as those in human breast milk, and they have extraordinary antimicrobial properties.
- An antioxidant. Protects against the formation of free radicals .
- Antiparasitic. Fight to rid the body of tapeworms, lice, and other parasites.
- Anti-protozoa. It can help fight giardiasis, a common protozoan infection of the intestines.
- Anti-virus. Eliminates viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS
(Known to improve the absorption of easily digestible nutrients, make vitamins and minerals more available to the body)
Type of coconut oil you can use
- Virgin (unrefined) Unrefined virgin coconut oil is ideal for cooking and baking . It can be used to give it the coconut flavor that is very mild. This oil has the properties of coconut since it has not been refined.
- Refined coconut oil can be used for just about anything. It does not have a coconut smell or taste. It is still to be used, but it loses some of its health properties during the refining process.
Discover the 160 uses for coconut oil
Before naming each of the benefits and utilities that coconut oil has, we can highlight the 3 most important uses :
1. Coconut oil for weight loss
This oil has a fat that can promote weight loss , and many people use it today, in many parts of the world, to lose weight.
It contains a unique combination of fatty acids with which it can help to accelerate the metabolism. Studies show that only by adding coconut oil as a healthy ingredient in your diet, you can lose fat, especially abdominal fat , considered the most dangerous fat .
2. To improve hair quality
One of the best applications of coconut oil is its use as a hair conditioner and there are many ways to use it for this purpose. Its true action on the hair is that it penetrates the hair more deeply and faster than other conditioners. It can hydrate the scalp and give your hair more shine.
Likewise, it can also help increase the thickness of the eyelashes and reverse their fall by generating a protective layer over them. This vegetable oil is an ideal complement to beauty products.
3. To improve the skin
The organic coconut oil can be wonderful to moisturize both hands, as in other parts of the body, including the lips. Applying this oil ensures that your body your skin can be hydrated and thus avoid dryness.
Coconut oil for body hygiene
1. Spots on the Skin (also known as liver spots) – Applying coconut oil directly to the area will help fade the spots.
2. For after shaving . Coconut oil will help you heal your skin after shaving without clogging your pores. You can also know this recipe to prepare a shaving cream where this ingredient is used.
4. Remove birthmarks . Can be used after laser treatment for complete removal. It can also be applied after an apple cider vinegar treatment to help support the skin discoloration process.
5. Body Scrub . You can use the coconut oil and sugar mixture to rub it all over your body. Rinse and your skin will be smoother. You can add some essential oils if you want a specific scent.
6. Treat bruises . Applied directly to the wound, coconut oil enhances the healing process by reducing swelling and redness .
7. Insect bites . When applied directly to an insect bite, coconut oil can stop the itching and burning sensation , as well as speed up the healing process.
8. Burns . Apply to the affected area immediately and continue to apply until healed. It will reduce the chances of permanent scar marks and promote healing.
9. Just rub a little on the lips and it will act as a smoothing and protective agent. You can also try this homemade balm to improve the quality of your lips.
10. If you are having problems with dry skin on your baby’s scalp, coconut oil will not only nourish the baby’s skin, but also help remove the scab. Simply rub into your scalp, about a teaspoon a day of this oil will be enough to moisturize your skin.
11. Treat dandruff . Soak in coconut oil to hydrate dry scalp skin and relieve dandruff symptoms. It also helps to control the secretion of bait from the scalp, another of the main causes of dandruff and oily hair .
12. A natural deodorant . Coconut oil can be used as a deodorant, but it is still more effective in combination with arrowroot cornstarch powder and baking soda .
13. For diaper rash. Very comforting to relieve symptoms in children and without harsh chemicals. Also safe for cloth diapers.
14. Exfoliating . Coconut oil mixed with sugar or sea salt is a very nutritious and effective exfoliator that is safe to use all over the body.
15. Cream for the eyelids or bags under the eyes . They are applied under the eyes to reduce puffiness, bags and wrinkles .
16. Wash your face. Mix coconut oil in equal parts with olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil and castor oil and use in place of soap to wash your face. Wet your face, rub in the oil and leave it on for two minutes, rinse and pat dry. A teaspoon may be adequate.
17. Hair conditioner for a deep treatment . It can be used as a hair conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to the ends of the hair and then distributing it. For a deeper treatment, rub a tablespoon of this oil on a dry scalp and gently distribute to the ends. Then you should put a shower cap to avoid stains on clothes and bed, so you can leave it on overnight.
18. Hair gel . Rub lightly between hands and distribute through hair ( for curly hair ) or use a comb from scalp to ends for straight or wavy hair.
19. Healing cuts or scrapes. Very effective when applied to scratches and cuts, coconut oil forms a thin layer that protects the wound from external dust, bacteria, and viruses.
20. Natural lubricant . It is a perfectly safe personal lubricant that you can use to achieve the lubricating effect without side effects on the skin.
21. A good makeup remover . Use a cotton swab and a little coconut oil and you will be amazed at how well it works to remove makeup residue and leave skin clean but moisturized.
22. Massage oil . The use can be very simple, just take a little coconut oil in your hands and start giving a good massage.
23. Moisturizing . Ideal to apply all over the body, including the neck and face, to hydrate the skin.
24. Remove moles . When applied after a compress of apple cider vinegar for several weeks, moles can be removed or simply disappear, in combination with coconut oil the effects will be much more noticeable.
25. Treat cracked nipples . It works very well to nourish chapped nipples and dry skin, relieving the pain that this produces. Apply with a cotton ball and leave it to act on the area for several hours.
26. Reverse oily skin . Use a small amount of this oil on your skin before applying makeup, or you can also put it on the area to remove the roughness.
27. Treatment before washing the hair . Rub a little on the scalp and hair before washing. This is especially useful for those with very curly hair.
28. To take care of the skin after shaving . Coconut oil helps repair skin from razor damage, and it can also be used as one of the main ingredients in homemade shaving cream .
29. Treat skin problems. Coconut oil relieves skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
30. Treat stretch marks with coconut oil . This oil is very good for nourishing damaged skin or skin with red and white stretch marks . It may not be the magic stretch mark cure, but it will help improve the quality of your skin.
31. For burns. Rub copious amounts of coconut oil on the affected area for either a minor burn or also in the case of chafing and friction wounds.
32 As a sunscreen . You can use this oil as a homemade sunscreen that will help protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
33. For the ear . Mix the coconut oil with garlic and put a few drops in the affected ear for about 10 minutes. You can do this 2 to 3 times a day to get relief from your earache .
34. For tattoos . You can use coconut oil on tattoos and it will help keep the color pigment. You can also use it for your new tattoos, the oil will speed up the healing process and decrease the chance of infection.
35. Toothpaste. There are numerous recipes with which you can prepare your own toothpaste, one of the most effective is to mix the coconut oil and baking soda and then apply the mixture with your toothbrush. You can learn more about how to make a coconut oil toothpaste .
36. Prevention and reduction of wrinkles. Rubbing coconut oil in a circular massage to treat sagging skin helps strengthen connective tissues to reduce wrinkles .
Uses of coconut oil in health
37. Breastfeeding. For breastfeeding mothers, with a consumption of 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil every day you will enrich your milk production. On the other hand, you can also make use of a by-product that is coconut milk , ideal to replace the use of pasteurized milk.
38. healthy bones and teeth. This oil helps the absorption of calcium and magnesium which leads to better bone and tooth development .
39. Digestion. The saturated fats in coconut oil help control fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion-related problems, such as irritable bowel syndrome .
40. Boost energy. Coconut oil increases energy and stamina making it a great supplement for athletes as well as those who need a quick pick-me-up.
41. To speed up the metabolism . Coconut oil has been shown to be effective in boosting metabolism , improving thyroid function, and escalating energy levels, which will help decrease unwanted fat and build muscle (with the help of exercise, of course this).
42. Beneficial for diabetes . It improves the secretion of insulin and the use of glucose in the blood, making it ideal for diabetics and also non-diabetics.
43. Improves lung function . Increases the fluidity of cell membranes.
44. Nausea . Rub some coconut oil on the inside of your wrist and forearm to calm this upset stomach.
45. For bleeding from the nose . Coconut oil can prevent nosebleeds that are caused by sensitivity to extreme heat and extreme cold as well.
46. To prepare healthy recipes. This oil is ideal to use in your recipes, in ways that you may not have known, being able to use it as a direct ingredient providing a delicious flavor to your preparations.
47. Stress relief . The properties of coconut can alleviate mental fatigue , by applying coconut oil on the head using a circular motion or massage you will reduce stress levels. The natural coconut aroma is extremely soothing, which helps to enhance the effects of the massage.
48. Better absorb vitamins . The fats in this oil also aid in the absorption of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
49. Weight loss . Saturated fats contribute to weight loss and control cravings. It also increases the metabolic rate.
Coconut oil for health problems
(when taken internally it can help prevent or even cure these health problems)
50. It can treat acid reflux problems . In this way it can improve indigestion if taken after a meal.
51. It is effective in the treatment of adrenal fatigue .
52. Treat allergies (like seasonal hay fever)
53. Coconut oil can help prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease .
54. Coconut oil has been shown to help reverse asthma, even in children.
55. This oil can help fight candida by helping to improve brain function in children, in this way it can be very efficient in treating autism.
56.Coconut oil can improve bowel function .
57. Treat bronchial infections.
58. Coconut oil can help prevent cancer. It has been shown to help prevent colon and breast cancer in laboratory tests.
59. This vegetable oil, thanks to the advantages offered by the properties of coconut, can be an effective natural remedy that can help cure candida albicans .
60. It can help normalize cholesterol, reducing bad cholesterol in the blood.
61. Chronic Fatigue
62. Efficient in treating Crohn’s disease and the resulting inflammation.
63. The use of coconut oil in its application with massages can help improve blood circulation by reversing the sensation of cold.
64. It can cure colds and flu.
65 It is a natural way to counteract constipation . You can consume a small tablespoon of coconut oil on an empty stomach and you will start to notice results in no time.
66. Effective for treating cystic fibrosis.
67. The benefits of coconut oil can be a great ally in treating depression and improving mood .
68. Treat diabetes . Helps keep blood sugar levels stable.
69. It helps to treat disorders such as dysentery, which is an inflammatory problem of the intestine, mainly affecting the colon.
. 70 Cure eczema . In addition to being used internally, many coconut oil treatments are successful when applied externally.
71. Relieve edema (the accumulation of fluid in body tissues)
72. It can give you a boost of energy to your body.
73. Coconut oil is known to reduce seizures.
74. Fever Support
75. The qualities of edible coconut oil can help treat flaky and dry skin, making it smoother and brighter.
76. It can reverse gallbladder disease and relieve pain.
77. It can help you to revert the overexistence of stomach gas and flatulence.
78. Eliminate the H. pylori bacteria, many times the cause of gastric problems.
79. Coconut oil helps eliminate head lice.
80. Treat heart disease (protects arteries from the lesions caused by atherosclerosis )
81. Hemorrhoids , can be applied externally or internally twice a day
82. It can alleviate some types of viruses since it can act as an antibiotic natural .
83. The properties of coconut oil can help you treat hot flashes .
84. It can help treat hyperthyroidism.
85. Coconut oil is a natural immune system booster
86. Healthy to be used when you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome problems.
87. It can be used for jaundice problems.
88. To treat kidney disease .
89. Kidney Stones (helps dissolve them)
90. Liver Diseases
91. Lung disease
92. For someone who suffers from malnutrition and chronic fatigue, this oil can be a source of energy that will fill you with vitality.
93. To improve mental clarity and achieve greater clarity.
94. Relief of menstruation in relation to pain / cramps and heavy blood flow
95. Migraines (with regular use)
96. Treat mononucleosis, which is an infectious disease known as “the kissing disease,” and can be relieved with the use of coconut oil.
97. Treat osteoporosis.
98. Reverse problems related to pancreatitis.
99. Helps to eliminate parasites from the body.
100. Effective to treat periodontal disease and tooth decay
101. To reverse prostate growth (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
103. Skin problems
104. Scurvy, which is caused by vitamin deficiency C .
105. stomach ulcers
106. Eliminate foot fungus with coconut oil is very effective.
107. Treat chapped lips and mouth problems, such as thrush.
108. Improve thyroid function (regulates overactive or underactive thyroid)
109. May cure ulcerative colitis.
110. Treat the thyroid gland – Subsequent results have shown the thyroid getting normal blood tests after ingesting coconut oil on day
111. The use of this oil is highly recommended for problems of urinary tract infections (infections of the the bladder)
More uses for health
112. Treat acne with coconut oil. The benefits of this product are very effective even to reduce acne scars or cacarizo on the face .
113. Allergies and hay fever. You should rub a little on the inside of the nostrils for quick relief.
114. Coconut oil is effective in reversing athlete’s foot- related problems .
115. It can relieve back pain and muscle pain.
116. Boils and cysts can be treated thanks to the benefits of coconut.
117. Treating canker sores and sores with coconut oil can help them heal in no time.
118. Coconut oil can help you reduce cellulite .
119. Treat circumcision. Coconut oil is a very effective remedy to treat the problems related to this problem.
120. Decongestant . Rub coconut oil on the chest and under a stuffy nose, this can alleviate a cold or allergies.
121. For ear infection. Put a few drops into the ear twice a day for pain relief. It can also fight infection.
122. Treating genital warts through topical application can provide great relief from this problem.
123. Cure gum disease and gingivitis (use as toothpaste or rub directly on the gums)
124. Herpes (topical application and take internally)
125. Hives (relieves itching and reduces inflammation)
126. Treat redness in the eyes (you can apply coconut oil around the eye)
127. Coconut oil can alleviate problems related to ringworm, which is a fungal infection
128. Effective for treating toothache .
129. It can help you remove warts .
Uses in the kitchen
130. You can use coconut oil as a substitute for butter or shortening.
131. Uses as a nutritional supplement. The coconut should be melted and added to the smoothies.
132. You can use coconut oil in its solid form to grease pans.
133. As a replacement for various oils in liquid form (for baking, cooking, sautéing, etc).
To treat problems in animals
Always check with your vet before treating your pet with homemade preparations, but the recommended dose for animals is 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight, twice a day.
134. Coconut oil helps in curing digestive disorders such as inflamed bowel syndrome and colitis.
135. Helps with arthritis or ligament problems.
136. Helps in eliminating cough . Using coconut oil with lemon juice and honey can be a great ally in treating cough problems.
137. When applied topically, it promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, blackheads, dry skin, bites and stings.
138. Treats skin conditions such as eczema, allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin.
139. Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing.
140. Ideal for dogs and cats for their general well-being. It can give your hair more shine and softness.
141. It can reduce odor in dogs and improve the appearance of their coat.
142. It gives your pets extra energy.
143. Helps reduce weight, and increases energy.
144. Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients.
145. It can leave your animals looking shiny, while helping to deodorize the smell they usually leave behind.
146. Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) have been shown to improve energy metabolism and can decrease the accumulation of amyloid protein that results in brain injury in older dogs.
147. To prevent and treat yeast and fungal infections, such as Candida.
148. Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health.
149. Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs.
150. Regulates balance and insulin and promotes normal thyroid function.
Other uses for coconut oil
151. To detach the chewing gum. Just rub a little coconut oil on the glued gum, leave it for about 30 minutes, and then you can easily remove it.
152. Coconut oil can be used as a powerful anti-stain agent and adhesive remover . You just have to apply them on the surface to be treated and then use an old toothbrush or sponge to leave the surface completely clean.
153. Insect repellent. Coconut oil mixed with peppermint oil extract can be an effective mosquito repellent .
154. Ideal for cleaning leather products.
155. For the lubrication of wooden boards and bowls.
156.Helps polish bronze . All you have to do is rub some oil on a cotton towel and then clean the brass objects. Cleanses and helps deepen the color of bronze.
157. Polishing the furniture. Coconut oil with a little lemon juice can help you polish wooden furniture. However, it is recommended that you test it out for the first time on a very small inconspicuous part of your furniture to make sure it works the way you want it to.
158. Coconut oil can also clean metal objects with very good results.
159. To polish kitchen utensils
160. Ideal for making natural soap