As the school year begins once again, you need to make sure your child knows all the safety rules . The following is a list of questions you can ask your children. You can even print them out and give it to them as a proof. Some of the answers might surprise you.
16 safety rule questions that could save your child’s life
How would your child act in a dangerous situation? Review these safety rule questions to help you understand your child’s awareness of certain dangers they might be exposed to every day.
- What would you do if your parents are far away and someone is trying to open the door of your house?
- Would you take the candy that a stranger is wanting to give you?
- What would you do if the electrical outlet starts to burn out and there is no one else in the house?
- A strange adult is asking for help. Should you help him?
- What should you do if you are being threatened by a dangerous pack of dogs?
- You just met someone your age. Should you go to his house if he invites you?
- What should you do if you smell gas in the house?
- If you’re waiting for the elevator and some strangers arrive, should you mess with them?
- What should you do if you realize that you are being watched or chased by someone?
- If you’re home alone, who can you let in?
- What should you do if a stranger grabs you and doesn’t want to let you go?
- What should you do if you get lost among a lot of people?
- What should you do if you are on the street in the middle of a storm?
- What should you do if someone is threatening you or your family online?
- Your friends want you to play with them on a frozen river. Would you go?
- Can you take medicine from the first aid kit if your parents are not there?
1. An intruder is trying to break into the house where a child was left alone. The child needs to call his parents before calling the emergency number . The call to the rescue service can be made after their parents, and during that time parents can call and notify the neighbors.
2. It is unacceptable to take food, toys, or other items from strangers . Teach your kids that they may occasionally accept the generosity of the old lady next door, but that’s it.
3. If there is a fire hazard in your house or apartment, your child should quickly leave the building and call the fire department . While they are on the way, your child should turn to the neighbors for help. It is strictly forbidden to test and extinguish the fire on your own.
4. If someone on the street asks your child for help, they must reject it with a clear “no” and leave quickly. If a person really needs help, they will turn to adults first.
5. The main thing here is to stay calm and not provoke the animals to attack. They should not look the dogs in the eye, but they can divert their attention with anything like a hat, an umbrella, or a notebook. Let him carefully pull them aside, and begin to slowly walk away from the herd without turning his back.
6. Teach your children not to visit people who are hardly familiar to them , even if a stranger introduces himself as a friend of the family. This also applies to unfamiliar children. Your child can always refuse under the pretext that he is being watched by one of his parents.
7. Your child should leave the house or apartment immediately, go to the neighbors, and call the fire department.
8. It is dangerous to enter an elevator with strangers. Teach your kids to decline offers to do so. Instead, they can say that they will wait for their parents who are on their way. Remind your children that only the adults they know are safe.
9. The correct decision in this situation is to go into a supermarket, a beauty salon, or any other place with people around and call the parents from there.
10. ” Do not open the door to strangers ” seems to be one of the most popular safety rules. Make sure your child understands it correctly. Some people believe that the main danger behind a door is a man, however, even innocent-looking ladies and children can pose a threat.
11. What can you do if someone grabs your child? The safest measure is to attract people’s attention. You can scream and fight. If necessary, you can take a rock and throw it at the nearest window or car. Compensation for damages will not cost you as much as the consequences of encountering an abuser.
12. Teach your children to stay calm if they are in a crowd . They have to gradually move towards the edge of the crowd, but not go against it. It is dangerous to approach objects with protruding elements, such as bars. If your child is in the crowd with an accompanying adult, they should put the child on their shoulders.
13. If your child is on the street during a storm, the first thing to do is find a safe haven. You can go to the store or to the entrance of a nearby busy place. If there is no shelter nearby, they can hide among the low trees in a park. It is not safe to be around metal structures, pools of water, tall trees, and cars. Remember that the most dangerous lightning bolt is immediately followed by thunder.
14. Do not succumb to provocations and threats. If a child is being threatened, he or she should immediately inform their parents or call a helpline. The duty of every parent is to establish a relationship of trust with their children without intruding on their privacy.
15. Your child should know that it is absolutely forbidden to skate on a frozen river. These activities should only be practiced in specially designated areas under adult supervision.
16. Inform your child of the danger of medicine. Even if he or she is sure that a certain pill relieves a headache, do not allow them to use it in your absence. Tell your children to call them or other relatives if they feel bad.
Teach your children the safety rules gradually but constantly . They should not develop the feeling that the outside world is bad. It is good if they are vigilant and cautious in certain situations. But the rest of the time, may you enjoy your childhood – possibly the most beautiful moment of your life.