We will show you below the 10 tricks to decorate the terrace or small balcony of your house that will give you a solution to leave a very warm style to these spaces of the home.
Decorate the terrace or balcony with more life
1. It is important to create ambient lighting. In addition, we can highlight a tree or plant lighting it from below, which will provide us with an indirect point of light and give a chic touch to the garden.
2. Give a zen look to the decoration of the green space. If we have grass, we can place on one part surfaces with white or colored pebbles or pebbles, which combines very well with green and gives a very careful Zen aspect.
3. Use furniture that gives warmth to your decoration. Wooden furniture adds warmth to sunny areas, but it has the downside of wear and tear and maintenance. Luckily, now there are new materials made from resins with the same appearance of exterior wood and that do not need any maintenance.
Know a trick to clean wooden furniture
The lighting and space in the decoration of the terrace
4. You need a shady area. A shaded area on the terrace is essential to create a dining room or living room outside. In gardens, pergolas are ideal and can be covered later with vines. On terraces, on the other hand, the best are awnings. In both cases there are a lot of options that we can easily install ourselves.
5. The size and shapes of the objects in the terrace decoration. If our terrace or garden is small, we should try to place furniture or objects with curved lines, which will give a greater sense of space.
6. Know how to choose decorative elements. We must be careful with decorative elements such as vases, sculptures or large modern pots. They constitute a great focus of visual attention, so in case we want to introduce them they should be few and very well chosen.
Vegetables in the terrace decoration
7. The importance of plants in the decoration of the terrace. As for the plants, it is important to choose them together so that their shapes and colors harmonize with each other. In addition, we must inform ourselves of the amount of light that each species needs before planting them, in order to locate them in the most favorable area.
8. Aromatic plants. Near the living area of the garden we can grow some aromatic plants, which will fill the environment with a pleasant smell. Also, they can be very useful for our stews!
Meet six aromatic plants.
9. The trees in the garden. The trees should be planted, if they are deciduous, in the southeastern part of the garden. In this way, in summer they will provide shade and in winter they will allow the sun to pass through.
10. Water is another very interesting element , although it is often difficult to include due to lack of space or its characteristics. Whenever possible, it is great to include it in the form of a fountain, wall or curtain of water. It is refreshing and the sound of the water is very relaxing.
With these ideas to decorate a terrace, an attic or a garden you can show off space.