Turmeric is a bright orange-yellow spice commonly used in curries and sauces. It comes from the turmeric root. The spice has been used for its medicinal, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties for thousands of years.
The tea Turmeric is a popular form of consumption of turmeric. It has a unique but subtle flavor. It is an excellent way to obtain the benefits of turmeric and this time we offer you an exotic recipe that results in a delicious chai tea with turmeric with great medicinal value.
Why Turmeric Is Great For Medicinal Remedies
- It is considered an aid to prevent the growth of prostate, breast, skin, lung and colon cancer .
- It is known to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- It is a natural liver detoxifier.
- Research shows that it can prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is a natural pain reliever.
- Helps in fat metabolism (that is, helps control weight)
- It was trusted for many years in other cultures as a treatment for depression.
- Accelerates wound healing and helps treat acne, eczema, psoriasis, uneven pigmentation , and dull skin.
Turmeric, excellent anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial
Also, used as a powerful natural anti-inflammatory, turmeric can work just as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs . On the other hand, it reduces the risks associated with the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
Turmeric is antimicrobial . That means that it will attack both bacterial infections and viral infections and destroy them. It is particularly effective in treating diseases of the respiratory system (this makes it an excellent remedy for cold and flu season).
How to make turmeric in a chai tea
Prepare this delicious tea to take advantage of all the properties of chai tea along with those of turmeric.
- 3 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
Mix all the above ingredients and store in a glass jar.
Note: Cayenne pepper, although optional in the recipe, propels the turmeric through the bloodstream relaxing them and allowing the turmeric to go faster to fight infection.
- Put 4 teaspoons of chai tea with turmeric powder in a cup with hot boiled water and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Add honey or your desired natural sweetener.
- Add 1/2 to 1 hot cup of vegetable milk (coconut, almonds) to this preparation.
- Sweeten to taste with honey, stevia or brown sugar.
Notes and Tips and Warnings
- Turmeric will turn everything it touches yellow.
- Using fresh herbs is always the best option. If turmeric and fresh ginger are used, increase steep time, during preparation, to 20 minutes.
- Turmeric is not recommended for pregnant women. It is also contraindicated for people with gallbladder disease or gallstones. As a general rule, consult your doctor before using any herbal / spice remedy.
Take advantage of all the benefits of this turmeric home remedy along with the properties of chai tea in a delicious drink.