Psychological disorders are diagnosed throughout the world, especially in developed countries; They are a set of symptoms and behaviors for which, firstly, you have a genetic predisposition.
As the symptoms of psychological disorders , can occur at any age due to factors and external stimuli, we present below the risk factors that predispose you to suffer them :
Risk factors for suffering from psychological disorders
- Genetic predisposition: the genes that encode the suffering of a psychological disorder are transmitted from generation to generation up to the third degree of consanguinity, and are manifested at any age, whether child or adult.
- Psychological triggers : during the life of the child or adult, there are usually one or more events that can be disturbing and that can trigger a psychological disorder.
- Stress: daily life, conflicts at work, car traffic, problems with your partner and other aspects of your day-to-day life that can result in stressful situations produce nervous deterioration that can trigger a psychological disorder.
- Frustration: it is a state that many of us suffer from inability to diligently solve a problem in our daily lives; it also happens when the problem is not solved the way it was intended. When the number of frustrating situations increases, you can be exposed to a psychological problem.
- Loss of loved ones: there are not many alternatives when you have suffered the loss of a loved one; either violently or by illness. If you mourn the loss for a long time, you can develop emotional problems.
10 of the most common psychological disorders
We present below 10 common psychological disorders that, due to the factors mentioned above, can be suffered by adults or children, either due to some external risk factor, inherited or both:
Autism spectrum disorder
They are classified as a group of symptoms and behaviors that are observed in children who have been diagnosed with this disorder. It consists in that affected children and young people isolate themselves and create an internal world to which very few people can access. There are variants of the disorder and different degrees of it: there are children completely isolated from the world and others who come into contact with reality on some occasions. In another variant, the person has a socially indifferent behavior, having episodes of isolation. It should be noted that there is no test or examination that can be performed for the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder; it has only been cataloged by neurologists who have found variations in brain activity.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Recent research has indicated that, although brain examinations of children and adults with attention deficit disorder are completely normal, cognitively disordered brain activity has been proven , children with hyperactivity have difficulty concentrating on just one thing ; They are constantly distracted, generating a host of restless behaviors called attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Defiant opposition upheaval
It is about children with behaviors of denial and opposition to norms and orders of adults . They do not adapt easily to the rules of school or anywhere they go, they tend to have conflicts with other children and aggressive behavior with other people, they propose challenges to other people and children, they never agree with the rules and they disobey Very often, even when the psychological disorder is described, there are no tests or examinations that can be done to determine if it exists or not, it has only been related to other disorders, frequently in attention deficit with or without hyperactivity and autism spectrum.
Obsessive compulsive disorder
It is a disorder where constant thoughts (obsessions) and repetitive actions (compulsions) are combined that a person performs believing that the behavior gives them control of the obsession. People with the disorder have fixed thoughts, fixations and focus on the same topic for a large number of hours and days , they develop exaggerated behaviors such as washing their hands, bathing several times a day, thinking about themselves all the time situation, they talk about the same topic over and over again and in general the disorder, although it is diagnosable by a psychiatrist, constitutes one of the most common disorders that exists and very contrary to those that you can create, anyone can suffer from it.
At present it is the most widespread disorder and that it is the subject of recent studies that determine that this disorder can cause the person to self-destruct , developing addictions, overeating, consuming coffee, and other stimulants to keep anxiety at bay, The disorder has also been related to depression and obsessive compulsive disorder, that is why most disorders are related to anxiety , panic attacks are frequent in this disorder, (at which time anxiety has reached its maximum and a set of physiological symptoms such as tachycardia, crying, palpitations and others begin to manifest.
Surely you have heard about anorexia and bulimia , they are conditions or behaviors that do not allow people to eat because they always feel emotionally fat, so they eat almost nothing or nothing to stay “in line”. The extreme of anorexia is bulimia, a condition in which the person begins to overeat and then vomits to avoid gaining weight, this means that this disorder may be combined with obsessive disorders.
It is a disorder with a set of symptoms that can lead the person to have a sudden changing mood, in a moment, they are very happy and after a few minutes depressed , it is an emotional state that contrasts one behavior with another in a few minutes or few hours, in other words there are contradictory behaviors. There are no ways to screen for bipolar disorder . To diagnose this disorder are based on medical history and can usually be diagnosed after 25 years of age.
It is a set of symptoms that trigger a panic attack that are produced by an excessive fear of different situations, dying, suffering from a serious illness. Fear is irrational and can only be managed with treatment alternatives, to calm panic, there are natural techniques and alternatives that we will discuss later.
They are disorders that are related to personality and among the most common that we find, we can mention you: borderline personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder, generally they are people with aggressive and impulsive personality , they are from few friends and have a tendency to commit a crime without having any remorse. Personality disorders are a set of present traits linked to many other disorders, so these disorders are often related to attention deficit and obsessive compulsive disorders.
Alternative Diets and Treatments for Psychological Disorders
Throughout the article we have made you a brief summary about each of the 10 most common psychological disorders , it is clear to us that many of these disorders are based on both external risk factors and heredity and we also show you how each one of these disorders are interrelated with each other.
Therefore the alternatives and treatment are based on the same principles , we present a list of recommendations and alternative treatments that can help you, a friend or family member in addition to receiving psychotherapy:
1. Diets low in sugar, without chemical additives and without preservatives , foods should be consumed with few servings of sugar and salt, in addition to reducing sweets because they alter brain chemistry worsening the disorder, highly seasoned foods should be substituted, salty and sweet for fruits and vegetables of all kinds, in addition to sufficient servings of protein or white meat. You can read for more information, our article: Diet of the 10 days of detoxification of sugar , in it you will find ways to do without sugar daily.
2. Preparation of relaxing infusions of numerous medicinal herbs that relax and improve the emotional state of people. We will mention a few: valerian, orange blossom, passionflower, linden tea, mint, peppermint, Jamaica flower water and lemon balm. Melissa is a plant that has relaxing effects and has the property of stabilizing the central nervous system , so natural teas and drops will always be alternatives for children and adults with these disorders.
3. Learn self -relaxation techniques , and apply acupuncture, these alternative therapies help to modify behaviors making them more relaxed and calm. The principle of therapy is that the controls for each condition or disorder are generated within the human being himself.
4. Another alternative treatment in addition to behavioral therapies, are neurofeedback protocols , an alternative technique where no drug or children are made to consume adults, it consists of a computerized machine connected to electrodes that model behaviors, favor concentration and concentration. cerebral oxygenation and relaxation.